Hello from Woodside California (Bay Area)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfer

Chopping wood makes me happy
Reaction score
Long time lurker… I’m an old man who doesn’t like cell phones the internet but have come to reluctantly accept their place in this new world. I appreciate the site for the information shared. Long time lurker first time poster. Decided to post something for the first time today… (shrug) don’t know why 🤣

I don’t have the Facebook or a website or any social media stuff… but I have a telephone and if you’re local and seen me around this is what I look like (today at least) :)

Have a good day everyone

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpeg
    IMG_4692.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
President it’s exactly like that… and for those young folks its like that old ad for snapon tools “if I had to explain… you wouldn’t understand” (shrug)

I must admit that I always find it hilarious when young folks ask me how to meet a woman or get a date or whatnot and I have to explain that not only is no texting/messaging necessary, it’s actually an impediment 🤣

Long time lurker… I’m an old man who doesn’t like cell phones the internet but have come to reluctantly accept their place in this new world. I appreciate the site for the information shared. Long time lurker first time poster. Decided to post something for the first time today… (shrug) don’t know why 🤣

I don’t have the Facebook or a website or any social media stuff… but I have a telephone and if you’re local and seen me around this is what I look like (today at least) :)

Have a good day everyone
Dropped my largest tree in Woodside :p. 6’ diameter Oak. 5-cord tree…Long time ago…

Dropped my largest tree in Woodside :p. 6’ diameter Oak. 5-cord tree…Long time ago…
Yep… we gots some trees out here… not that many 6’ diameter oaks left these days! Must have been one hell of a sound it made when you felled it!

Up the hill a ways from my place is the remains of an old logging site that looks to be from the 50’s. Tons of giant stumps up there.

One of my ex GFs has >1000 acres up on the mountain… she inherited it from her great uncle who bought it with his WWII buddies… her kitchen table is a 4 inch thick slab of redwood cut from her property… it a single slab of redwood 5 feet wide! So yeah… there are still some good trees up here if you know where… (grin)

Tree had been dead for years. Dropped it in a pasture so only had to keep it off the fence. It exploded when it hit :p

Largest Euch in the US was also up there...fell across 3 driveways...300' tree and 12' at the base. That stump is still up there as nobody had a big enough saw to cut it up. Main branches were 7' across.

Good times. Back in the mid 90s

Damn man even dead it must have sounded like a train wreck when it fell…

And those eucalyptus trees fak man they just grow and grow and grow but I’ve never seen one with a 12 foot stump. Damn!

Anyway thanks for sharing. I faking love big ass trees man. There aren’t many of them left anymore…

Have a good day everyone

Agreed. My older brothers & sisters (I'm 61 yrs old,retired commercial construction youngest of 5 kids,3 boys,2 girls) keep telling me "You NEED to get a smartphone blah blah,it will make things so much easier for you blah blah...(meaning easier for THEM to keep tabs on me,via texting) I got news for 'em,I dont NEED to do **** except die & pay taxes. 🙄 Since our 94 yr old father died in early June pretty unexpectedly & our 89 yr old Mom is in a care center until the end of the month when she gets to go home,they are all acting strange,wanna run my life like I'm 12 years old or some crap.I think they're pissed that I have Power Of Attorney over everything plus was named (unknown to me until July) sole Executor of Mom's estate once that day arrives.....

I DONT text WTF why cant people leave a damn voice mail? Are they soo busy they cant spare the time or are they just lazy? I've had internet access & various PC's or laptops since April 2000,and have had various cell phones since 2004.I use it for phone calls,occasionally use the calculator on it,its got a crappy camera that I never use,since Sony digital DSR camera takes care of that with ease....

Sorry for the rant,I'm a lot like you regarding certain technology,its nice in some areas but too many people are so dependent on it,it totally controls their life.I've seen people that wont even put down their damn phones when having a convo or a meal with others,they are oblivious to everything around them,that is sad & ridiculous IMO.

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here.Its a great place,full of knowledge & friendly,helpful people.

Agreed. My older brothers & sisters (I'm 61 yrs old,retired commercial construction youngest of 5 kids,3 boys,2 girls) keep telling me "You NEED to get a smartphone blah blah,it will make things so much easier for you blah blah...(meaning easier for THEM to keep tabs on me,via texting) I got news for 'em,I dont NEED to do **** except die & pay taxes. 🙄 Since our 94 yr old father died in early June pretty unexpectedly & our 89 yr old Mom is in a care center until the end of the month when she gets to go home,they are all acting strange,wanna run my life like I'm 12 years old or some crap.I think they're pissed that I have Power Of Attorney over everything plus was named (unknown to me until July) sole Executor of Mom's estate once that day arrives.....

I DONT text WTF why cant people leave a damn voice mail? Are they soo busy they cant spare the time or are they just lazy? I've had internet access & various PC's or laptops since April 2000,and have had various cell phones since 2004.I use it for phone calls,occasionally use the calculator on it,its got a crappy camera that I never use,since Sony digital DSR camera takes care of that with ease....

Sorry for the rant,I'm a lot like you regarding certain technology,its nice in some areas but too many people are so dependent on it,it totally controls their life.I've seen people that wont even put down their damn phones when having a convo or a meal with others,they are oblivious to everything around them,that is sad & ridiculous IMO.

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here.Its a great place,full of knowledge & friendly,helpful people.
Thanks, fella. All that sounds all too familiar…

And yeah like you I always scratch my head when I see four young people sitting at a table, silent, each with their eyes locked on their phones… (?!)

I’m told the millennial generation and gen Z generations are the first generations ever in recorded history of North America to have LESS sex than the prior generation… now we know why 🤣🤣🤣

(And maybe it’s a good thing that they don’t procreate… (shrug) IDK?) :)

Thanks for the welcome… HAGD

Latest posts

Back