Homelite EZ pops but won't start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have this newly acquired Homelite Super EZ which I bought and am trying to get it to run. I cleaned it up, rebuilt the carburetor, new fuel lines and filter. It seems to have good spark so I didn't do anything to the ignition. When I try to start it on choke it acts normally, I take choke off and it only pops one or two times and dies. I let it set for a few days, went out this morning and it did the same thing. It seems to have good compression, Fuel mix is what I use in my other saws so I'm sure it's okay. Any ideas?
Forgot to mention: I changed the spark plug also.

I've had it running since this post but it misses like crazy! I'm considering right now checking the points. I'm also thinking about replacing the condenser with one of those WIMA .22 capacitors; I've done it before on other points saws and they work pretty well. Or maybe replace the points system with solid state module. Working on something else right now but I'll eventually get back to the EZ.

Back