how old are you and chainsaw experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my first cut with a D44 Mac at age 11 been hooked ever sense, going to be the same age as rbtree in a few days. Been working on saws for 15 yr.

I'm 21 and have been using saw's since I was 12 when I got my first eager beaver:D I still have that thing somewhere..Now I've got my own landclearing business with well over 6 saw's 5 Stihl's and 1 new 385 Husky,and a bunch of equipment 2 skidders,a Hydro Ax feller buncher,Morbark chiparvestor whole tree chipper etc...So I guess I have a little time with saw's....

Later Rob...

MM good question, I can remeber my first saw back in my crib :D
From there it has been down hill ever since. Begged barrowed and stole every chance I could to run one. The while in collage told a lady 300 to do a tree job.... same price as a 029 Super at the time.. go figure! now I buy and sell saws monthly.

Later,
Chris

I'll be 36 next month, used dad's homelite super 2 at about 14 and put together my own XL-12 out of three junks at 16. The rest,as they say, is history.

Don't think I hardly touched a saw before I started do tree work around 1989? Never really knew how to work on them until the last couple years either but ran plenty of them:p 35 now.

I'll be 30 in Feburary, started repairing and collecting saws when I was 13. Have dropped a couple trees in the past, mostly cleanup work from storm damage. Never climbed, can't stand heights

I cant remember when i first started using my dad's 610 Pro, I would have to guess around 16. I have had sporatic experience ever since. I have never worked for a tree service or anything of the sort. I only got to run a saw when a storm blew through or if mom wanted some trees pruned. So i wouldnt say i have a lot of experience but, boy do i love to run my saw.

Now im 26yrs young and started pulling the cord at 16.

18 now. Got my 1st saw when i was 10. an 024. Cut alot of firewood, and fence rows. There I was 14 years old out next to the road, cutting a 30" Poplar with a 18" bar on that 024. This old chap saw me drop it and pulled over and talked to my dad about me working for him. Been in the woods everysince.

I'm "only" 41, I've been cutting firewood for about 15 years. Got to admit I've learned an awful lot from the boys here on the ArboristSite.

Jeff

I'm 39, and cut my first log when I was 11. It was with my dad's Remington, don't remember the model, other that it was yellow with "5HP" on the recoil casing. I purchased my first saw when I as 15, a Mac 140. Didn't have a bar or chain on it and missing a few parts. I was able to put on the missing pieces and got a nice new saw for about $45.00 Cdn. I still have this saw and it runs beautifully as it has turned into my "loaner" saw.

age an experience

40 yrs old , 13 years old when I started with dads Mccoughla ....Older brother yelled at me to keep the limbs out of the way ... I picked up the saw and started cutting..... I started climbing a year later....I started by taking down tv towers an selling them , very good experience.... I fell once from eight feet and ALLMOST fell from 40 feet ... thank God for finger tips :angel:

47, started at around 11 or 12 humping gear for my dad who climbed, started climbing (easy stuff) at around 16 or 17 and been doing trimming and removals for friends, family etc... ever since, mostly for the firewood. Only tackled mior repairs and routine maintainence but recently been getting braver in that department

I'm 35 and been running a saw for six years, but more and more regularly, 2 or 3 times a year became 2 or 3 times a month and now it is 3 or 4 times a week. If I had the time and didn't have other responsibilities I'd be doing it every day.

The first saw i ever ran was at school at Llakehead U. at skidder school (Bush camp) allmost cut my leg off. did some regen. after university, The took up arborculture/climbing after that that was in 1990 so have be climbing for 12yrs. now with municipal and private companines. Now I have my own tree business, oh yea iam 37yrs. old.

lawrence

play safe!

Latest posts

Back