How would you cut the branch circled in red

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that suggests ratchet strapping a ladder to a tree and climbing with a Sawzall needs to be reading posts, not posting here. If you read the intro to the Homeowner helper forum you will see it says this is where homeowners can come to get advice from the pros. Furthermore, if you had read the OP's posts better, you would have noticed he was specifically asking for climbing advice, and how to cut it with a chainsaw.

And finally, if you think ratchet strapping a ladder to a tree makes it safe, you should watch more youtube. If that branch swings around and hits the ladder it's still going to bounce you right off.
Not if he is a couple of feet off the ground, my friend, which is what that looked to me. Why are you so invested in this? You are starting to sound like BWalker. End of posts on this but please continue with your "I'm right and your a doofus newb" comments if it strokes your ego.

Not if he is a couple of feet off the ground, my friend, which is what that looked to me. Why are you so invested in this? You are starting to sound like BWalker. End of posts on this but please continue with your "I'm right and your a doofus newb" comments if it strokes your ego.
Keep suggesting ladders and Sawzalls in the homeowner helper forum and see how that works out for you....

Or you could read the thread...
I did. He never stated he was using the tree as training. Only that he was using it as 'practice' in a post with almost zero punctuation.

That doesn't mean he has considered the reality that it makes more sense to fall the tree whole. People that are learning to climb like to think every tree needs to be climbed....when a lot of them don't.

Back