husky 372 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcooley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Tell me you guys out in logger land . I am looking at buying a husky 372xp new , any comments on how good of a saw this is? PS my old p-41 finally died , my what a good saw.

Best saw

Hello b cooley,
The best saws to modify at the present time in terms of hp increase are the 372 and the 385 husky's . 40-45 % increase in power. if you want to go a bit smaller the 2159jonsered is a good choice.
ken

Excellent saw. Very powerful, smooth, lightweight. Most all the loggers in my area have went to 372XP's, and like them very much. I really like mine. I had mine Walkerized, but even without mods, a very tough, versitile saw.

bc,
the 372xp is a great proformer. i have several, both stock and walkerized. either way they run well. they are now my saw of choice to work with all day every day. it is also my hands-on saw when i instruct Woods And Chainsaw Safety(WACS). marty

Where are all the Stihl guys, screaming bloody murder?

It really boils down to the dealer; A decent dealer that really works at supporting his customers is worth a lot more in this equation than the brand name, especially if you really NEED to depend on your tools.

I don't have as much experience as some of these guys but... I really like my 372 ...lots of power and a reasonable weight. I would recommend at least opening up the muffler.

Jeff

I also have limited experience, but I will say my 2171 is my favorite saw. Power/weight/reliability A-1 period. Hopefully
my powerhead will land on Dennis' doorstep any day now.
I can't imagine how much more power will soon be at my
disposal. I will be a Jolly Green Giant walking the woods with a
Jonsered.

When I got my first 044 back 9-10 yrs ago, then my second Madsen's tuned one, I thought they were the best saw ever, lots of power, light weight; a great saw for use in a tree. But when I got my first 372 20 months ago, also Madsen's tuned, I forgot all about the 044's!! Even lighter, smoother, more rpm, a bit more power, and a filter that stays much cleaner... Now my Walkerized one really screams...and I guarantee my next one will be dunn by Yoda (Mr Ken Dunn)---or the Greff man, who has done four others for me.

Next project is doing the other 372 muffler, then I can really compare Madsen's work to Walker's...

I cant believe my Greffardized 346. i only have a 16" bar on it, so it really screams. i removed a hemlock today, and after sending down the Walkerized 335, I just kept blocking with it, cutting doubles, all the way down to about 20 " size, usually a pain, as the bar wont go all the way through. But that little saw is so darn fast, and light, it is a joy to use. Specially as it was nearing the end of a 9 hour day, after a 11 hr, 90 degree one yesterday, so my poor ole bod was starting to cramp up.

Hey, thanks for all the great comments on my questions about the husky 372 xp. I went ahead and ordered one from southwest fastener [578.00] 28" bar can't wait to put her into a log. thanks again.

nice choice and a good deal - you'll be happy!!! when you get hungry contact the 2 masters we have on here; Ken Dunn (aka Yoda) and Dennis Greffard (Den aka. youper, :blob2: ) and they will make that sucker almost buck a 40" oak by starting and pointing it towards the target. they run real brilliant stock - but they run even better after those two....welcome 24" bar and some sharp full comp and you will win free beer every time cutting!:D :D

youper???

I read that term in another post somewhere and dont know what that is...but its Obi to you Arkie Boy....lol...

that is a good deal on that saw...and you will not be unsatisfied...even stock....

yes dennis - i get carried away sometimes, they do cut so nice out of the box - but hell you've ruined me - i just cant run a stock saw of anykind anymore - except for my 136 - which btw kicks ass!:cool: :cool: cant beat that 3/8 narrow kerf 3/8" chain (goes through railroad ties quicker than us cc freacks would imagine).:cool:

oh yeah - wait till you do that camo woodshark (or is it a wildthing) now thats a wood eating machine!!!
:D

Yooper

U-P`er, Upper Peninsula denizen, also known as hillbillies, often pronounced yooper.:D Sucks when a guy from Arkansas calls you a yooper, eh. Russ

Back