Husky 395 High Volume Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m with Gord404 and Squareground3691, something is wrong. I mill lumber with my 395 and run a 36” bar and have no oiling issues to speak of, unless i have a clogged hole in the bar, which has happened, but rarely has that happened. I’d pull the bar and check for flow.

I need to point out something here that didn't make it into the Headline for the post. This saw is a new Neotec 895 clone of the 395. I put 395 in the thread because I was wondering about the 063 chain on the 36in bar and if there was a known problem with it not spitting enough oil plus it uses 395 parts. I have not messed with it yet. I had it 3/4 into an oak chunk and it never slowed down but I didn't think it oiled near enough and I plan to use it with a chainsaw mill I just bought most likely with a 24-28in bar so wanted it right from the outset.
Thanks for the ideas so far, I'll get at it tomorrow.

I need to point out something here that didn't make it into the Headline for the post. This saw is a new Neotec 895 clone of the 395. I put 395 in the thread because I was wondering about the 063 chain on the 36in bar and if there was a known problem with it not spitting enough oil plus it uses 395 parts. I have not messed with it yet. I had it 3/4 into an oak chunk and it never slowed down but I didn't think it oiled near enough and I plan to use it with a chainsaw mill I just bought most likely with a 24-28in bar so wanted it right from the outset.
Thanks for the ideas so far, I'll get at it tomorrow.

That changes everything

All bets are off then if it’s a clone. The parts look the same but the tolerances aren’t there
I'm quite sure they aren't but the parts fit. I figured if there was something on a 395 that was a common thing like the brass screen mentioned above and would be something for me to check before ordering a new oiler. It might just be a bum oiler.

There could be debris in the oil passage in the crankcase or pump from poor manufacturing. It is quite common for “chinesium” stuff to not be cleaned well before assembly. After all even Toyota has had problems with that….and chinese clones are no where near the quality as Japanese manufacturers.

Take the bar off and start the saw. It should pour out the oiler hole fast enough to make you want to shut it off to prevent the mess.

If it doesn’t do that.

Chew got prawbums

I'm quite sure they aren't but the parts fit. I figured if there was something on a 395 that was a common thing like the brass screen mentioned above and would be something for me to check before ordering a new oiler. It might just be a bum oiler.
Elsewhere I've heard that the Chinesium oil pickup tube in the oil tank is too stiff and won't sag if the saw is running on it's side leading to no-oil conditions once the bar oil level drops below 1/2 tank or so. Putting an oem oil tube in will fix this problem. Define "I don't think it oiled enough", please. Was the bar smoking hot? Was there chain tension issues? Or do you just feel like there's not enough oil on it? Maybe try blipping the throttle a few times with a piece of cardboard below/in line with the bar tip to check the oil output.

Latest posts

Back