Husky at Lowe's!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seesaw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went into my local Lowe's and "Lowe's and behold"....Husky, Husky everywhere. Could be the biggest display I've ever seen at a home improv. store. Offered about 5 saws, bars, chains, 2 blowers, and a couple of trimmers. Sales kid said mowers and riders were coming next spring.

those are all pro saws too. if u dont believe me jus ask the lady that runs that department at lowes here.she said the poulan pros were their homeowner line and their huskies were all pro saws.
uh huh.i didnt have the heart to tell her the truth.well theyll probably be alrite for those that would shop there for saws .
little firewood an dead limbs an such.
a little different with stihls . most homeowners that i run into have the 026 or 028.
next is the 029 and 025.later now

im glad they have a smart lady working there. i think most people that criticize the sales people at lowes are looking at the wrong source for information. most people that want "pro" saws will know what they are looking for. god forbid if the PRO was talked into buying a 'consumer' saw by accident by the sales lady at lowes....

thats why stihl has made it easy:

white handle. even number = good saw
red handle, odd number = CONSUMER saw

get it, hint, hint, its REALLY like the XP designation in husky models - how much do they sell xp models for at lowes for, or sears??? i'm really eager to find out...uh, duh....confused:

Your local [happy] dealer will be glad to sell you the pro saws.
If you can find any left. Most of the Husky dealers around here
told Husqvarna to get lost. They are starting to push the
line of Jonsered mowers on the Jonsered dealers around here
now. Electrolux would save millions if they would just start
painting their products in a rainbow of their colors. Craftsmen
green and grey, Huskapoulan oranges and greens, candy
apple Jonsereds, and bring back Husqvarna Hondo purple/
Then just hand the dealer/store stickers to put on the
equipment as needed

think im reading u correctly ,tundratta.
thats my point . they dont sell xp saws at lowes. which was my point. later now. :)
truth is the saws they get their will hold up fine with proper maintenance. at least around here . its mostly these big pincher deals that harvest the trees,here.
ran into a guy not long ago that is a real
woodchip ,lot more than i. he had found alittle poulan saw,and was sellin his 028.
hed used it as a limbing saw..
said he had been using that little green thing for six months and it was the best he ever had.u just never know.:rolleyes: :)

Sorry, John in MA

Sorry John. My intentions when I posted were not to beat a dead horse or to irritate you. You fellas have had a while to get used to the idea of Big E putting it to the local dealers up there. This is the first we've seen it in my area. Whether people realize it or not, this is a big deal and is worth talking about. It affects dealers and their livelyhood, as well as, consumer buying habits.

Originally posted by Fish
Your local [happy] dealer will be glad to sell you the pro saws.
If you can find any left. Most of the Husky dealers around here
told Husqvarna to get lost. They are starting to push the
line of Jonsered mowers on the Jonsered dealers around here
now. Electrolux would save millions if they would just start
painting their products in a rainbow of their colors. Craftsmen
green and grey, Huskapoulan oranges and greens, candy
apple Jonsereds, and bring back Husqvarna Hondo purple/
Then just hand the dealer/store stickers to put on the
equipment as needed

Poulan already has one--The Wild Thing:D

Originally posted by seesaw
Sorry John. My intentions when I posted were not to beat a dead horse or to irritate you. You fellas have had a while to get used to the idea of Big E putting it to the local dealers up there. This is the first we've seen it in my area. Whether people realize it or not, this is a big deal and is worth talking about. It affects dealers and their livelyhood, as well as, consumer buying habits.

No, not beating a dead horse at all. Something new about the situation pops up every time there's a question about it. I just had noticed that in every saw board on the Web there are lots of folks posting similar stories, with the identical title.

wild thing

Is that wlid thing a purple version of the snapper saw I saw them both at Wal-Mart this week for $124 or was that $114.

Originally posted by sedanman
Stand back boys, I have a wild purple snapper to dispatch!

That's what that wild chick said at a party once!

(I can't post the picture here) :D

which is which?

Well, so much for the brand loyalty thing, if saw A parts are the same as saw B parts but the lables are different brands.

I bought an orange one to go with my blue and white climbing line and my shiny ss pulleys. If I wanted colour cordination I'll let my wife dress me. I want what works not what has colours to match my outfit but then I do have red, green, yellow, orange and grey saws. Do you think the customers want you to show up in colour cordinated clothes?:D :D :D

Back