Husqvarna 385xp/390xp base gasket dimensions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centannim055

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
To my understanding, both of these have the same dimensions aside from the bore difference.

What is the cylinder mounting dimensions? or to make it easier, the base gasket dimensions?

Before someone says "get calipers and measure it" if I had a cylinder in front of me, I would of measured it lol

Same on both 385xp and 390xp- extra meat is on the 385 is a smaller bore
Question for you regarding a response you had for one of my posts earlier this year. The photos you posted above, I have two questions

1) Is that from a 385 or 390?
2) Do the 385 and 390 have the same "stud spacing" ?

To my understanding, both of these have the same dimensions aside from the bore difference.

What is the cylinder mounting dimensions? or to make it easier, the base gasket dimensions?

Before someone says "get calipers and measure it" if I had a cylinder in front of me, I would of measured it lol
Or, put more simply- can I fit a 385/390 cylinder on a 372 chassis?

1) Is that from a 385 or 390?
2) Do the 385 and 390 have the same "stud spacing" ?
1) Not sure, I have several of each & it would have been whatever I grabbed.
2) Yes. The cylinders are externally the same. Internally the porting is very slightly different & the bore on the 385 is 1mm smaller.
If Bob's intuition is correct the short answer is it's do-able but very involved & will likely result in the bottom end grenading itself at some point if you manage to get something together that runs halfway decent.
Several old threads on the other forum on the subject

385 and 390 are the same basic cylinder- only differce is bore size- same gasket same bolt patern and a 372 is a different saw altogether- rebuilt loads of both saws but to put a 385 cyliner on a 372 would be very costly and imo a waist of time and money- a good port job on a 375 k cylinder by a pro porter is an amazing saw, had a few faller's saws come in with that setup.

Latest posts

Back