• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 480cd project, 125 plus shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this up in non running condition, I think it had been sitting lonely for a long time. All Ive don't is clean it a little, and rebuilt the carb. No pressure/ vacuum testing was done. Starts and runs well, compression feels very strong, although I suspect my new compression tester reads a little high. Does not have the proper fuel line, so it leaks when it's on its side. I know it needs a correct fuel line, and could stand to have a fresh spark plug. Pm me, or text/ call. If you have gentle feedback about my pricing, be nice! Ive dropped the price because I need it gone. Ive discovered that after it's been sitting for a few days, I have to prime the carb to start it. Then it will generally restart, unless it sits for a few days. Then I have to prime it again. No idea why, this saw would be good for someone stronger and smarter than me ( I realize that's a VERY small pool of guys)IMG_3915.jpegIMG_3921.jpegIMG_3918.jpegIMG_3920.jpegIMG_3916.jpegIMG_3922.jpegIMG_3924.jpegIMG_3914.jpegIMG_3873.jpegIMG_3871.jpeg

I've marked it down to 240$. I've noticed lately that if it sits for very long, I have to prime it a little to start it. Then it will restart just fine after that. Not sure why

runs but does it cut wood, (job 1)?
even saws with trashed out pistons can run. 100psi compression can. way low.
best is to fix the gas leak before shipping it. unless drained 100% and air out to dry first. cap off.
1970s is very very old saw. 1978 I bet.
good luck, best if find a collector.

Latest posts

Back