Husqvarna 55 SN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired20

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My neighbor asked me to try and repair his Husqvarna 55 chain saw, when I tried to look up parts with the only number i can find on the saw it does not recognize it. Can anyone tell me what the number is and what year the saw was built. 20240809_160626.jpg

My neighbor asked me to try and repair his Husqvarna 55 chain saw, when I tried to look up parts with the only number i can find on the saw it does not recognize it. Can anyone tell me what the number is and what year the saw was built. View attachment 1196463
Google "Husqvarna 55 IPL PDF", you should find a parts list with all the numbers easily. Or visit the beg for manuals thread.
This one should be made in 96, 39th calender week.

Google "Husqvarna 55 IPL PDF", you should find a parts list with all the numbers easily. Or visit the beg for manuals thread.
This one should be made in 96, 39th calender week.
Thank you i have googled the numbers and they were not recognized. I will google the 55 IPL appreciate the reply

A quick search of Acres will get you all the data re: that model. When it was actually mfged is completely meaningless. Saws might sit in the box, for years before being put into service. There is no "age" factor with a mass produced chainsaw.

More to the point, the saw is simply the earlier version, of the famous 455 Rancher. Parts are everywhere............

A quick search of Acres will get you all the data re: that model. When it was actually mfged is completely meaningless. Saws might sit in the box, for years before being put into service. There is no "age" factor with a mass produced chainsaw.

More to the point, the saw is simply the earlier version, of the famous 455 Rancher. Parts are everywhere............
Thanks, i believe i have found what i needed so far. I do have a question about the "rim sprockets" it calls for either a .325 x 7 or a 3/8 x 7, i would assume that is the width of the drive link? How would I tell which one it takes

Thanks Gord,
T
I could be mistaken (easily), but isn't the old 55 a vertically split mag case while the modern "rancher" is a clamshell??

They have discontinued the 3/8-7 drum kits and the ones i am finding do not look to be very good quality. Is there a reputable place to purchase a quality drum kit. The other option i am looking at is to change the bar and drum to a .325-7 but i am not sure if i can do that. Has anyone done this with their 55 and what all needs to be changed besides the obvious drum,driver,chain and bar?

Latest posts

Back