Husqvarna 562 xp pistons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When did they switch from a flat top to a dished piston. I got the flat top kit for my saw. The Oem piston was $280 Canadian pesos. Another 20 bucks got you the whole top end. Go figure. Mine is a 2017 I believe not positive. My fish memory can’t remember what piston it has lol. I won’t have a chance to look at it until this weekend. Are they interchangeable?

I think the mark ll has the dished piston and the original 562 has the flat top, your 2017 should be a flat top piston.
I watched a youtube vid where the guy put a flat top piston in the mark ll to bump compression, they do interchange.
Nice. More compression is always good unless your name is lower end bearing lol

I think the mark ll has the dished piston and the original 562 has the flat top, your 2017 should be a flat top piston.
I watched a youtube vid where the guy put a flat top piston in the mark ll to bump compression, they do interchange.
This is true. Mk II is dished, previous generation is flat. Once all the flat top pistons are gone they’re gone. Current production replacement is the dished piston.

So I’m putting it together. I was curious do you guys cut the tangs off the Circlips or not? The piston came with one installed and came with two that have a tang on one end. I just make sure the tang is not facing in toward the piston pin and I put the opening at the top of the hole.

Back