Husqvarna 562xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toyman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently purchased a brand new 562xp with 20" bar from my local dealer since Husqvarna was running a July 4 sale. Not my first purchase from them. They set it up and ran it before I took it home. I went over it again to make sure the chain tension was good and bar nuts were snug. Anyway, used a tank of fuel on Friday cutting up a couple cherry's I took down last week. The saw ran great and was much stronger than my Jonsered CS2250, which I fully expected. The next day I planned on filling out my warranty online. I looked at the SN tag on the saw and it shows a 2021 date. I know the 562xp has gone thru some changes (mark II?), but am not sure when those changes occurred. Even if the changes were included in this saw, not sure I feel that great about getting a 3 year old (NOS?) saw? I figured before I addressed the dealer, I'd get some thoughts from the members. Thanks!

I recently purchased a brand new 562xp with 20" bar from my local dealer since Husqvarna was running a July 4 sale. Not my first purchase from them. They set it up and ran it before I took it home. I went over it again to make sure the chain tension was good and bar nuts were snug. Anyway, used a tank of fuel on Friday cutting up a couple cherry's I took down last week. The saw ran great and was much stronger than my Jonsered CS2250, which I fully expected. The next day I planned on filling out my warranty online. I looked at the SN tag on the saw and it shows a 2021 date. I know the 562xp has gone thru some changes (mark II?), but am not sure when those changes occurred. Even if the changes were included in this saw, not sure I feel that great about getting a 3 year old (NOS?) saw? I figured before I addressed the dealer, I'd get some thoughts from the members. Thanks!
I haven't seen a mark 2 yet in my area. I wouldn't say it's abnormal to get a saw that is several years old if your dealing with a shop that doesnt sell a huge volume.
The mark 2's are labeled as such BTW.
I had a early 562xp and it ran great with no issues at all. If you don't live in an area with real high temps you will probably be fine. If you do just make sure you keep the saw and its full in the shade when your not using it.

Thanks for the feedback. I've read about the hot start issues. I was cutting on Friday in the 90* heat and didn't have any issues restarting, but we'll see. It's a little frustrating since I decided to buy local instead of ordering over the internet for the same price, but getting a Mark II from Safford Equipment or HL Supply. Anyway, I guess I will use the heck out of it, just expected to get the current model from a dealer.

Thanks for the feedback. I've read about the hot start issues. I was cutting on Friday in the 90* heat and didn't have any issues restarting, but we'll see. It's a little frustrating since I decided to buy local instead of ordering over the internet for the same price, but getting a Mark II from Safford Equipment or HL Supply. Anyway, I guess I will use the heck out of it, just expected to get the current model from a dealer.
If yours has the flat top piston
it might make more power than the newer ones With the dished piston.
I used to live in Upper MI when I had my 562. It never gets real hot there, but I am certain abused it in the 80-90's with no issue. Of course I never let my gas cans or saw bake in the sun.

Back