I Can"t Wait

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well guys and gals I FINALLY found a saw that has been on my WANT LIST for 20 years.......... Last night Steve (166) was checking Fleabay and found a LOCAL (only 45 minutes from me) Sachs Dolmar KMS4 We got ahold of the seller and made a deal with him now he is getting a new Dolmar PS5100SA and Im getting the KMS4. Problem is this trade kinda went the wrong way LOL I have to give him the NEW saw and $$$$$ to get the traded in KMS4:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Now for the bad news he will be out of town for a couple days and I can't get my hands on the KMS4 till monday night... Ill post pics and hopefully a video after I get it.

Scott

Here is a pic from seller

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scott

Last edited:
Last edited:
I looked at that rig. Didn't he want like fifteen hundred beans for that rig?

His ad said something to the effect that the saw wasn't terribly rare..... but i guess it must be for his asking price.

But..... if'n you wanted one, great that you found it !!!

Scott, you should have asked me first, I've got a couple of those old heaps knocking about in my shed somewhere.

I could've sent you one for the cost of the postage.

Did I say "those"? edit that to just old:)

Last edited:
Well guys and gals I FINALLY found a saw that has been on my WANT LIST for 20 years.......... Last night Steve (166) was checking Fleabay and found a LOCAL (only 45 minutes from me) Sachs Dolmar KMS4 We got ahold of the seller and made a deal with him now he is getting a new Dolmar PS5100SA and Im getting the KMS4. Problem is this trade kinda went the wrong way LOL I have to give him the NEW saw and $$$$$ to get the traded in KMS4:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Now for the bad news he will be out of town for a couple days and I can't get my hands on the KMS4 till monday night... Ill post pics and hopefully a video after I get it.

Scott

Scott,

It looks like Sandy gave you a great deal. I like my KMS and would not trade it.

Bill

Here is some more pics for you and a little history behind the saw, where sandy posted with it when he was selling on another site.

http://www.ancientalley.com/ebay/kms4/1975_sachs.htm

I am selling a KMS4 rotary powered chainsaw with an 18" roller nose bar.
When I acquired this saw, I dissassembled, cleaned, and inspected it for problems. The inspection revealed nothing to hinder the operation of this saw. This saw runs very well and cuts extremely smooth. The owners manual comes with it. The bar and chain are not original.

The former owners had installed, a manual oiler. To do so, the kill switch was moved to the front of the air filter cover. This was because the auto oiler do longer worked. I had new parts machined for the oil pump and removed the manual pump, relocating the kill switch to its original position. Now the oiler functions automatically.

The muffler had been modified, by adding an exhaust pipe at the top. This was to prevent the extremely hot exhaust from igniting flamable materials on the ground. I left this as is, since it doesn't affect the original performance of the saw.

I am looking to sell this saw for no less than $1000.00 US dollars. Shipping in the USA and Canada will be the exact amount based on destination.

Dang video won't play, and I really wanted to here that thing running! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you have dial up you have to wait at least 30mins for it to load. Good luck.
I just tried the link and worked fine on this end again.

I got cable, but it does appear to be something on my computer causing the problem. I remote desktopped into my work computer, and it ran just fine down there. I thought maybe it was an out of date Shockwave player, but I reinstalled with same results. It just keeps a "waiting for..." message in the status bar. (seen here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/titantornado/webpage.jpg) Maybe an odd firewall issue, but I couldn't find anything.

Go figure. At least I could hear it run. (video is choppy on the VPN)

Back