I Can"t Wait

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got cable, but it does appear to be something on my computer causing the problem. I remote desktopped into my work computer, and it ran just fine down there. I thought maybe it was an out of date Shockwave player, but I reinstalled with same results. It just keeps a "waiting for..." message in the status bar. (seen here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/titantornado/webpage.jpg) Maybe an odd firewall issue, but I couldn't find anything.

Go figure. At least I could hear it run. (video is choppy on the VPN)

Rod my Gateway did that. Try down loading an updated video player (7 to 11, MSN) fixed my problem for free.

I think RealNetworks player corrupted my version 7. I don't do anything RealNetworks anymore.

Last edited:
Probably nobody is going to care, but I got to the root of the problem, and an FYI to any Comcast Cable internet subscribers. It's a conflict between Comcast and a new subdomain (namely: lax.youtube.com) where some videos are archived at Youtube. The video (or any videos on that subdomain) can't be seen at this time by Comcast subscribers. Youtube is aware of the problem, and are working on it.

Gee, I'm so glad I pay $97 a month for their internet/TV service. Only Comcast :bang:

Well I started it and like others seen on youtube it popped and skipped?? So I took a look and it had one of those damn autolite's in it took that sorry excuse for a spark plug out and replaced it with a NGK and guess what no more backfire's and skips..... The oiler line need to be replaced wrong type of line and it keeps falling off the fitting. Now this is what got my goat it had one of those universal oregon pro am bars from the eighty's that had too small of slot in it so instead of finding the right bar or modifying a bar to fit the owner at that time ground the shoulders off the bar studs:bang: :bang: Now I need to machine a new set of studs unless someone knows where their is a couple 8mm on both sides with a 14mm shoulder. a little tinkering and it will make a great video. BTW it had a old style mac 3/8" semi chisel that cut like shat, For now its wearing a GB roller nose 20" .050" and 72 LGX cuts much better... Will need a carb kit soon as well and fresh fuel filter and some fresh dolmar mix..

Scott

Scott, what are the specs on that saw? Especially, what was the MSRP when it was made?

MSRP?? this model was never sold in the USA so maybe a fellow Canadian or European may be able to answer that.

Specs:
58cc / 3.5 c.i.
compression 7,5
power rating 7,0 HP SAE at 8000 RPM
operating speed 4500-8000 RPM
idle speed 2300-2400 RPM
ignition Ducati electronic magneto .020" air gap
Plug Bosch WKA225 T6 gapped .020" (WS7F)
carb Tilloston HS173a
weight abt. 20 lbs. with 17" B&C

Scott

Here it is

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well I started it and like others seen on youtube it popped and skipped?? So I took a look and it had one of those damn autolite's in it took that sorry excuse for a spark plug out and replaced it with a NGK and guess what no more backfire's and skips..... The oiler line need to be replaced wrong type of line and it keeps falling off the fitting. Now this is what got my goat it had one of those universal oregon pro am bars from the eighty's that had too small of slot in it so instead of finding the right bar or modifying a bar to fit the owner at that time ground the shoulders off the bar studs:bang: :bang: Now I need to machine a new set of studs unless someone knows where their is a couple 8mm on both sides with a 14mm shoulder. a little tinkering and it will make a great video. BTW it had a old style mac 3/8" semi chisel that cut like shat, For now its wearing a GB roller nose 20" .050" and 72 LGX cuts much better... Will need a carb kit soon as well and fresh fuel filter and some fresh dolmar mix..

Scott

Congratulations!

:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
I NEVER SAID 8HP
I said 7,0HP SAE

SAE was a horsepower rating system used by Dolmar and Stihl in the 70's and 80's and partialy into the 90's not too accurate of measurement.

Scott

No, but at least one of the links in this tread did.....

At least one also said 4.5hp DIN, which is comparable to "modern" hp ratings.
;)

Here is from CSCC.

Last edited:
The KMS4 was sold one model year in the USA I sold a few way back that were leftovers

I beg to Differ..... I have been selling Sachs-Dolmar / Dolmar since the incorporation of DOLMAR USA they were never in the US distribution. Any you might have sold were probably Canadian border jumpers.

Scott

Back