Is it just me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary N Carter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is it just me or what. I have ten chainsaws and I would like to have a couple more. Husqvarna's headquarters is just around the corner from me and I've learned the 55 will be replaced this year. I would love to have another one! I would also like to have another 262XP and another 246. Is it just me or what? What do you guys do to limit your cravings for more saws? How many saws do most of you have? Help!!!!!!

right now i am sitting on a nice hefty pile of 63 saws soon to be more. and they just keep coming in left and right. they are addictive as pringles. once you start you can't stop.

ok..if we are counting..do they have to all run? I have about a dozen or so that run...and prolly another 50 that dont...lol..you may have seen some of them on my roof....but I do have 3 Super 930 Jonsereds Robert is going to wish handnt been around....

I only have one, however, i do crave more. I limit my Chainsaw fetish with my rifle addiction. I need a new Barrett before Uncle Sam says we cant have .50 cals.

Though one thing that really upsets my girlfriend is that whenever she and I relucktantly go ring shopping I think like this:

dealer "the ring is $900 and with this setting and this stone it will be around $5000"

girlfriend :D

Me :cry: "thats 2 026 Pro's, another 046M, an 066M, an 088M with lots of bars and chains" :dizzy:

She doesnt like it when I put things into chainsaws terms instead of money.

Have you guys had any trouble with this one: "you love that/those ???? chainsaw more than me" ?

confused and in trouble

Last edited:
I only have seven saws, five of which run. The chainsaw/relationship dilemma is something I solved a while ago.

You sure can pack a lot of saws/guns/computers, etc. in the space another person takes up in the house. :)

Confused, I was dumb enough to tell my wife when I bought the Jonsered 670 that I was done buying saws for a while. Then a week later I see a 288XP I would love to have and a brand new 670 on ebay! Currently I am stuck on nine saws. Dennis I want to see those 930's when they are ready to do battle!

Im up to 24 saws at the moment and and am runnig out of places to hide them. Worst part is I know this is only the begining of my collection. Something about that sweet sound of a 2 stroke at WOT

I hate to post this because it sounds like a whopper but after reading this thread I checked out my saws and figured what my brother has and my friend Ken Dunn, It comes out to near 300 saws. Not all of them are runners but a lot are. There are over thirty racing saws of one type or another. Yes we are all married and for a long time also. Its what we do and we enjoy it. Mike

I have it bad. CA anybody? (Chainsaws Anonymous) My present count is @500. Of these 270 are rebuilt to woodcutting condition with bars and sharp chains. About 20 two-man saws are in this mix. I collect all brands. This past weekend I worked on an old Zip for a guy, about two hours and two dollars in parts. In return my collection grew by 2-EZ's, 2-Buz's, 2-DB360'S, Mall 1MG and a 1225-A Mac. My present project is a Solo Twin with a gas tank and cap that are cracked into pieces. :confused: Can anybody help? This saw runs great. By the way, I am married to the same woman as I was when I caught this ADDICTION 5 years ago :)

So many saws, so little time. :cool: Larry

I havent really counted, I think I only have about 40 saws, with maybe 20 some odd that run. I just bought an 064 yesterday for 125$ U.S. and after I cleaned it up and rebuilt the carb and replaced all the cutting attachments and put it to the tach, it really gets up and talks. I think the 064 was one of those possessed saws. I will put it on the chopping block soon.
John

I have at least 100 stihls, Few mcullahs & homelights. & some who knows what they are . looking for a place to move. Dont think I will be able to take them with me.

First, I've got to tell you folks that I only found this web site today and I have learned a lot. There is a lot of experience here.

I only have two saws and the one I use most is the Husky 55. I have it set up with an 18 inch bar. I only cut about 10 cord of hardwood a year and it is a great piece of machinery. Lately I'v been getting into bigger trees, 20 - 24 diameter and I must say I'm thinking if I should get bigger bar for this saw, or get a bigger saw. Any thoughts. I hate to put big $$ into a big saw that I will only 'need' for a few cuts a year.

Frank

Sonny, the only place your county will allow you to take 100 Stihls is to the garbage dump :D

The Husky 55 runs great with a 20" bar but do not go bigger than that. What kind of chain do you use? Mine has Oregon 34LG and it cuts well with the bar buried. When I get my Walkerized muffler for it soon I cant wait to see how it cuts.
If I were you I would run the 55 till it dies (which could be a while) and then when she finally gives up the ghost go for a 357XP. Only one more pound then the 55 and 1hp and 1500 mor rpm. You will be all set then.

Latest posts

Back