Is it time for an Echo stickie?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever need a decomp plug for a newer echo. They will scare ya pricing one. 14 buck and if not buying from dealer add shipping too.

So for 2 bucks I made one. Just rednecking with hacksaw and grinder.
Guys with a lathe could do them really nice.

Use copper washer for crush ring. I didnt have one local so used brass for testing.

No you can not use husky, stihl, dolmar makita etc decomp plugs. One shown beside the one I made.

I'll post oem ones for echo too.

Attachments

• edecompp.jpg
    edecompp.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1
  • edecomp.jpg
    edecomp.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
  • edecompppp.jpg
    edecompppp.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm liking certain newer echo's.

But better get them before they ruin them like they did with 4910 to 4920. By 400 too.
I’ve always liked Echo’s, but I’m becoming less and less interested in them lately as they move in the same direction as everyone else. I like what they’ve done with the 7310, and the 60cc 590 and 620 have become and will remain legendary. I love my 680! It’s heavy but it’ll cut just as much “big” wood as my 372xp, and just feels indestructible. I’ll buy and use cs400’s commercially until they stop making them, and couldn’t see past saws like the 450p and the 510/520/530 series they discontinued years ago. The new strato, red and black stuff has me looking more at the big 2.

Back