Is this a fake Stihl MS660?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they still make newer version of the 038? MS381 MS382?
Yes in the price list we have. This is plane shipping to the US. All still current prices shipped

ms260 brazil 600 usd shipped
ms361 and 382 usd 850
Ms660 nos usd 1,500
070 usd 1,600
Husky
272 added Feb 2024 USD 1,000 shipped brazil
61 Aug 2023 usd 800 shipped
372xp OE as of July 2023 usd 900 or 1700 for pair
288xp and 390xp usd 1,250
395xp usd 1,350
3120xp usd 1,600
Echo
Cs1201 usd 1,850
Price includes delivery to anywhere in lower 48.
The plane shipping should cost close to 200 alone I would guess anymore.

China Inc was given designs by many companies when they offshored manufacturing there, despite a reputation for copying designs the hard way originally, because companies figured nobody would want to buy an off brand copy and that they could stay enough ahead of the design curve to make a profit - at least long enough for the execs to get their bonuses.

Cut to the present when it's easier than ever for them to sell such obvious trademark infringed copies and get away with it, with quality obviously not quite there - but close enough to spend "cheap" money on - and it's biting a lot of manufacturers in the butt.

I'd rather buy made-in-USA/Germany/Norway/notstolen
but I'm unlikely to pay 100% for a product made in China by the good brand when a high quality identical unit is available for 40% the price (like my HF winch).

Maybe don't give away the keys to the castle in return for short term profits and we can work together for both our benefits (you get good enough money and I get a reliable product).

No doubt. We would still be enjoying the ability to buy a 346 or an MS440 off the shelf if not for excess government overreach. Wtf actually thinks you’re cutting down on any real pollution by choking down handheld outdoor power equipment? The same dumbasses that won’t allow solid fuel clean up on the West Coast so when it burns it takes millions of acres at a time instead of just thousands

No doubt. We would still be enjoying the ability to buy a 346 or an MS440 off the shelf if not for excess government overreach. Wtf actually thinks you’re cutting down on any real pollution by choking down handheld outdoor power equipment? The same dumbasses that won’t allow solid fuel clean up on the West Coast so when it burns it takes millions of acres at a time instead of just thousands
I hate to wear aluminum foil but I tend to think that's on purpose. Not just here in the US but our northern neighbors are really getting screwed in the timber industry.

Latest posts

Back