Is this a good deal or fair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEW CRANKSHAFT ASSEMBLY HUSQVARNA

NEW CRANKSHAFT ASSEMBLY HUSQVARNA CHAINSAW ?
Item # 2052266573

It has the numbers 501 55 61.01 and says Made in Sweden on the side of the package.

ECHO cs-8000 chainsaw

ECHO cs-8000 chainsaw chain saw L@@K BIG!
Item # 2052262362

Is this a deal?

Stihl 085 Item # 2053180213

Stihl 085 Chainsaw
Item # 2053180213

I just had a brand new (True)20 inch bar and chain put on this saw today 9-9-02 at the local Stihl dealer and it has not seen wood. This awesome saw can handle up to a 30 inch bar with power to spare. IT RUNS GREAT. This unit sold for around $800 when new and runs like a new one. Saw will be held 10 days if paid for by personal check. Buyer pays exact shipping from 77584. Thank you.

How old is this big guy?

Can you even get parts for it?

The Challenger Chainsaw Museum 500 saws

Mortgage the farm! I think those who read this will be drunk with envy!

Just think what kind of saw fest you could have!

and.... you can sleep with them causethey are yours. Your own chainsaw heaven!

Oops, wait ... who on this site already owns this collection?
Gypo? Dennis? Is this whats in the secret vault under the kitchen floor in uncle Art's home?

This collection is one of the World's largest, and includes over 500 chainsaws dating back to 1933. This includes a number of duplicate saws, easily sold to collectors. * 30 to 40 two-man saws * 2 drag saws * one 1933 Dow Saw on wheels with an 18 horse-power Indian motorcycle engine. * Many dealer signs and clocks. * Boxes of extra parts (many new). * Tools, filing equipment etc. * Extra bars and chains. * Literature, brochures, parts books, and owners manuals. * Many old pictures. * Production date lists for Stihl, Homelite, Pioneer, Poulan, Partner, and McCulloch. A list of 18 collectors from around the world is available to the purchaser. This collection will be sold as a unit only for $140,000.00USD Gun Lake BC Canada

I'm not familiar with the auto-sharp chain feature on that saw, but have seen it on others.

Imagine a square chisel tooth cutter tipped back about 25 degrees and a flat filed on the top face to give a cutting edge. Of course, there would be no clearance, not really enough rake, and the side plate wouldn't shear end grain, but it would cut, after a fashion. Now imagine that your chain saw has a carborundum stone set up to tip down to hone that edge anytime you choose.

The whole idea was a brainstorm that worked well in theory, but not in real life. I've personally never seen a regularly used chain saw that had the system intact, and I've never used one so equipped. Others have told me that they never really worked.

those old things

Some one is bidding on the mac.

Don't know what the other one was.

And yes those cheap consumer saws actually had a button you pushed and a flat stone would run on the chain and sharpen (it dulled it big time) the chain. I don't know about this specific model but I remember them in the 70's on little saws.

I have such a saw with the system intact, I have used it, and it absolutely DOES NOT WORK! The result is the same as filing the chain with a #2 phillips screwdriver.

Echo 702Evl

eyolf
I have one of those(702Evl) around doesn't get much use from me.Heavy but a great saw back in the day.What am I talking about I was still in diypers when that saw was made .lol. Different compresstion release on them though. Seth

Hey Seth, thanks.

Once in a while I wish I still had mine ( Echo 702). A friendly neighbor helped me out by helping himself to it. This same kid later got a
"do not pass go, do not collect $200" pass
for helping himself to the collection plate at a local church one Sunday evening, among other escapades.

I don't remember the seller, but I remember that saw...I didn't look, but that's the one with the green overspray paint job, isn't it?...been up for sale a few times, and didn't make reserve.

Maybe the guy is willing to let it go a little cheaper now.

Color is red and white

More like a red-orange and white.
Comes with a case
Has some metal missing on the exhaust.
Top handle saw , eh?

Oops, I guess I got an auction mixed up. That 015 looks like it has some use, but should be able to stand up to a little more. Be aware that it isn't one of Stihl's best.

That price wouldn't be too bad, especially if the guy lived like a half hour away so you could just go get it. That way you could back out easily from the sale if the broken pull cord means broken rewind from trying to start a dead saw. That $70 is about $50 less than a local (to me) dealer or pawn shop would be asking, and about $10 more than they'd allow on a trade.

Couple of 066's on ebay $350-$400

066 stihl powersaw chainsaw chain saw
Item # 2055111203

can buy it now for $400 ...delivery is 432

37 Vintage chain saws for sale on ebay

Pat and I purchased this lot of Vintage Chainsaws from the Pete Ryan collection in Hope B.C. Pete actually put our town on the map with his chainsaw carvings. No these are not the saws he used for carving but would make an ideal addition to any mans personal collection. Here we have a PM Rocket, no cracks or breakage, good compression and spark. Dont forget to look at our other chainsaws currently on auction, thirty seven in all.

Vintge Ebay bonanza!

Back