Jonsered 70e bar & chain, flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket350

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the bar and chain on a 70e with a 24". The only local shop said they can't help me (stihl/echo dealer). Can anyone give me a part #, brand etc? I hate to buy one from amazon for it not to fit. I got one from tractor supply and that won't fit either.

This saw is more for recreation and has sentimental value to me.

Any plastic flywheels out there? I read a lot about the 3d printing...

Thanks.
Tom

i did some quick searching and it sounds like the older jonsereds are a bit of an odd bar mount, sort of obsolete these days. @Jon1212 may know if theres a modern mount that fits, but it sounds like opening up the stud slut on a d009 (large husky) bar to 10mm will work.

Thanks. I opened up the jonsered 24" I got from tractor supply. I bored it out just a hair and got it to fit. The chain gets tight, then loose. So now I'm digging in the clutch sprocket making sure it's not too worn. I'll get to it tomorrow. It's an old saw but like I said it's sentimental to me. I appreciate the response.

i did some quick searching and it sounds like the older jonsereds are a bit of an odd bar mount, sort of obsolete these days. @Jon1212 may know if theres a modern mount that fits, but it sounds like opening up the stud slut on a d009 (large husky) bar to 10mm will work.

D024(Oregon) JR(Windsor) are still around. This is the same mount used on many of the Olympyk larger framed saws.

Thanks. I opened up the jonsered 24" I got from tractor supply. I bored it out just a hair and got it to fit. The chain gets tight, then loose. So now I'm digging in the clutch sprocket making sure it's not too worn. I'll get to it tomorrow. It's an old saw but like I said it's sentimental to me. I appreciate the response.

If you used a D009(Oregon) mount, then you may have to open up the adjuster holes as well. The loosening of the chain leads me to believe something isn't allowing the bar to sit flush against the case.

Back