Just got a load 'o Macs--anyone know about these?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new BIG saw

I just bought a M73 McC. 7.3 CI!!. I am will be looking for some parts to make this thing go go go! I am still trying to get the Super 44 working, I dont think it will hang with Scotts too much after he makes it into the bionic saw, but cant wait to try. Be careful playing with those macs, it can become addictive. John Brooks

SP125/088

[. the 088 can be stalled quite easily in big wood. not so easily for the sp125. anyonewho thinks i'm full of it.

Steve here...
TIM,
I would have agreed with you 100% before I had Ken Dunn operate on my 088. I hope you read the posts from the outing on Saturday with Seth and I.(KDhotsaw SKUNKWORKS) Yea... I know it's not big wood, I'm not a pro sawracer. BUT... I ran my 075 through that very same 10X10 cant, with a square chisel chain... well my 075 could'nt get out of it's own way, and it's a happy saw. 16 seconds ish 3 cuts. 088 7 seconds ish 3 cuts
Now don't get me wrong, you can stand on top of that 075
and it would cut wood like that all day... but not fast. But it sure is fun though.
The 088 after Ken did his magic... well, it's cool, very cool, and it halls, ass....and the chain Ken made for me to play with....WOW
My two cents worth
Steve

well i certainly won't argue that any engine can be made to produce more power! in their stock form, the mac sp125c, even though it's 30 years old, simply has more torque than an 088, due to the reed intake and 3rd boost port. as i said, the 088 will turn a few more rpm's, and in soft wood, will probly beat it, due to higher chain speed. i haven't cut any soft wood with either my 125, or my 088, so can't really say. hardwood is the real test, as far as i'm concerned. i don't like soft. probly cause my head is so hard................................

stumper u sound a little like u have my approach to it. i got 7 now could get by with a top, a 40 cc and the 028. i finally had to admit it was hard for me to pass on a saw that looks solid. still for me the bottum line is how it holds up in the field.
some that look good dont do so well
when things get hot an sweaty.:)
one like that ,is like nothin more than an corner ornamint,for me. i give them a couple chances before i riteum off tho.
got a 65 cc partner coming in . need a saw with a little more occasionally.
this one mite be it.

Yeah Tony, I could get by with a top-handle for climbing and a 4cid class saw for everything else but.... if I need those then I need back ups for 'em ......and the 3cid class saws are so handy for brush bucking and general ground work and ...I probably ought to get a bigger saw for the occasssional big wood........... Thank Heaven for a patient spouse LOL.

P.S. I hope the Partner works out.

Back