Koller Yarder on Steep Ground

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do ya'll use for clearign the chute under the Koller? Same for merchandising, decking, and loading?

I don't suppose you did a eucalyptus clearcut for the Golden Gate Nat. Rec. Area about 2001?

I like all the pictures and posts, thanks. Looks like plenty of work at that camp!

The guys here use a processor on the landing and do the limbing and bucking with it. Works nice and keeps the work in the family--they seem to always show up for work.

That is something. It would be a fun yarder. I see a long splice in what I am guessing is the haulback. How much line (haulback) can you run on it?

Actually I'd say that is the skidding line the long splice shows on. I worked on one of these things once and the skidding line is horribly small so easy to understand the mistake.

The Koller carriage is really an amazing piece of engineering but it'll make you pull your hair out trying to spot the rigging. If you have much lift it will screw you on getting the drop line down too. God, I hated that thing.

Back