Making your own gaskets?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlhead517

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that make their own gaskets? Carburetor and intake gaskets. Base gaskets would be a different topic. I ordered a new carburetor for my Husqvarna trimmer that come with a gasket, I believe it's made by Interface Solutions N-8090. I did find something on eBay but compared to what I'm used to buying it is more expensive. What brand do you use, price and where do you get it?Screenshot_20240930-144118.pngIMG_20240930_142758663.jpg

The only brand I have had problems with is flexoid and ironically it’s the most expensive. It compresses a lot, is weak, tears after one use / disassembly and doesn’t seal as well as others I’ve tried. If you use cereal boxes etc, use a gasket dressing compound.

I don’t recommend it unless you really have no alternative, but my last gasket was for the fuel pump side of the carburetor.

IMG_1189.jpeg

LOL.... I have an Interface facility here in my town. It used to be the old Cooper Manufacturing.

I even worked there in the first school to work program at our high school. Got paid and earned some college credits which led to me to become a teachers assistant for the Industrial Maintenance Program professor. Got paid from the college also all while still attended high school!

https://www.timesrepublican.com/new.../interface-celebrating-100-years-in-business/

I think I am still using an OLD roll of Mr.Gasket stuff if I need to make one. Had that roll for at least 25 yrs or so. Can't recall the thickness but it is just standard grey stuff from any auto parts store.

Got some Grafoil from that Cooper/Interface place to make push mower head gaskets. Such a treat.....

Back