Makita red and blue saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to go blue and leave the red and black to Johnsered. Just saying, I am not hating on dolmaras I think they are prob one of the best priced saws availible. I personally like the black and blue look, they can own the blue saw market and be distinguished this way very quickly, just like Creamsicle and husqvarna orange.

Canadian rep at logging show told us colour can't stay blue as they get lost in the woods to easy[emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian rep at logging show told us colour can't stay blue as they get lost in the woods to easy[emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's nonsense! I started painting my chains blue after buying a logrite cant hook. You can't misplace that thing if you try. I suppose it is a lighter blue color, though.

Personally I agree with Dustin, they should stick with blue. It's pretty...

But in answer to the OP, as I understand it, Makita is doing away with the blue color and the Dolmar name. Orange Makita saws are what's coming next.

Makita used to be red (when Echo produced most of the Makita saws)... probably changed to blue to distinguish the brand from Dolmar. They did sell some red Dolmar-made Makitas over here (in Japan) as well. There won't be a need for different colors from now, so they will probably go for the more popular red.

Back