McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ain't lookin good fellas... I still can't get this 450 to turn over past about 270 degrees. And I've never seen an engine so packed with gunk, it must have run HOT for a long time.

I'm probably looking at a replacement P&C for this thing to ever live again.

View attachment 1209404
Maybe wrong length spark plug or something like a bolt (or broken points) behind the flywheel?

Shown here pulling the crankcase cover but the same arrangement would work on the flywheel with smaller O.D. washers.

DSCN0350.jpg

I like to leave the nut on, loosened a couple of turns. Those flywheels often come off when you least expect it, and with considerable velocity.

Mark

Well i got the 795 today. Im happy to say im excited. Very clean, complete machine. No damage. The cylinder is in great shape, the piston looks fantastic. The carburetor has been swapped out with a tillotson hl119 already. Its not a mac carb. I did see a few fasteners missing. The muffler has very little surface rust. Inside the fuel tank is very clean. Other than some little things....i believe it to be a rather low hour saw. Perhaps this weekend ill have it running.
Im at softball practice or id send photos...sorry.

Latest posts

Back