MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of things to put on a tshirt for the gtg last night.

Spring 2014 Midwest Sawfest GTG
It's a chainsaw thing...you wouldn't understand.

The Iowa chainsaw massacre
With a picture of a pig sawing a corncob.

Then I thought of this one and Sarah liked it. With a picture of a yellow hedge log with 3 cookies cut off it and next to it a tomato cut into slices with the saying..
Ginsu sawchains...cuts up a hedge log and still Sharp enough to slice a tomato.
Or same picture but the tomato shredded into pulp and the saying be. Ginsu sawchains, cuts up a hedge log and Sharp enough to obliterate a tomato. You can't slice tomatoes with a chainsaw!!!

I been doing some experimenting Andy...
:D

LGX.JPG

Just tried some 404 but kept cutting the straps. Do I need a thinner grinding wheel? or maybe a not so new chain so I am grinding further back on the cutters.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

I like the first as well but lets shorten the title a bit.

MidWest SawFest '14
Its a chainsaw thing...... You wouldn't understand.

I still like the cow logo from the gtg last spring too.
How about a picture of a log on a saw buck with a pig on one end and a cow on the other doin some racin?

I wasn't running any fuel conditioner either. It popped a few times but didn't want to kick off. After an hour with the block heater on it kicked off right away. I went straight to the fuel pump and put fuel conditioner in this time.

For some reason I find that odd with your background that you don't run any additive at all.

I run stanadyne in our VW year round. Changed a couple of the dual filters on fords and they had what appeared to be ice crystals in the filters and one of them had more water. In it than diesel it appeared:eek:

The farm diesel mechanics around here suggested stanadyne as many of the other ones I guess use up 77% diesel in the mix and supposedly stanadyne doesn't .

Something tells me though as knowledgeable as you are Shawn you must know something more on this?

For some reason I find that odd with your background that you don't run any additive at all.

I run stanadyne in our VW year round. Changed a couple of the dual filters on fords and they had what appeared to be ice crystals in the filters and one of them had more water. In it than diesel it appeared:eek:

The farm diesel mechanics around here suggested stanadyne as many of the other ones I guess use up 77% diesel in the mix and supposedly stanadyne doesn't .

Something tells me though as knowledgeable as you are Shawn you must know something more on this?
Gasoline works too ;)

Didn't some of the old school diesel suggest blending a few gallons of gas in diesel during the below 0 weather. Me thinks if the high pressure pump went out on the V dub VW may not be so understanding about it being gassed:buttkick:

I guess since a lot of people that aren't used to driving diesels especially in small cars so they test the fuel on every system failure as warranty I guess is tough on that. Can't say I blame them.

Didn't some of the old school diesel suggest blending a few gallons of gas in diesel during the below 0 weather. Me thinks if the high pressure pump went out on the V dub VW may not be so understanding about it being gassed:buttkick:

I guess since a lot of people that aren't used to driving diesels especially in small cars so they test the fuel on every system failure as warranty I guess is tough on that. Can't say I blame them.
That's what I was getting at! Heard old truckers n farmers tales of gasoline anti gel! But then again that was back when diesel actually had lubricity and sulfur in it!!

On the valve cover if my friends D13000 power unit it states to not waste crank case drainings and to dump them right in the fuel tank. I bet them piezo injectors of a modern engine would love some dirty 15w40 on a 10 degree day!

Last edited:
The old loosey gossey diesel they were a let o get away with it. Common rail hp 20,000 psi no likey for sure on that stuff.

Them 12 valve dodges sure can burn just about anything.

Simple reason. I ran out. I use BG products.

I have an air dog kit on it to take care of the water and the worst thing for injectors... air.

I have an air dog kit on it to take care of the water and the worst thing for injectors... air.
Another reason I have yet to give up my lil' f250 300-I6 5spd. May not get the job done fast but has always got it done.

Also ya'll might find this interesting... I rented that big old heavy case ditch witch from a construction rental co in DSM. They didn't even have trailer brakes!!!! I mean that's 6500lbs... What a bunch of morons.

Another reason I have yet to give up my lil' f250 300-I6 5spd. May not get the job done fast but has always got it done.

Also ya'll might find this interesting... I rented that big old heavy case ditch witch from a construction rental co in DSM. They didn't even have trailer brakes!!!! I mean that's 6500lbs... What a bunch of morons.

That engine Is a tough old design The 300 will out last the body's on most fords.

With air in it they just wont run till its removed. With water it will destroy injectors and never run again till fixed.

I had a water separator stick open after draining it years ago and my wallet learned that lesson.

On another note, for work, I have been driving a new Ford 6.7 power stroke for the last 2 months. No place to plug it in and so far it starts like a gas engine. We will see what happens Monday but so far I have been more then impressed with it.

Back