My hard to start but does start STIHL 211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first words i hear when a saw comes in the shop that won't start."I run non ethanol fuel!. I proceed to dump the saw out into my glass quart jar. Over 50% of the time there will be a good amount of water in the jar. Yes I get very cynical when I hear that statement. Had three in the last two days.
Some of it was old. Some of it was one day old. Did it come from the pump or in the fuel can?
The other issue is tru fuel. Three in the last week that would not start until I put the shop fresh mix in them. Problem solved.
So when I here my fuel is good- prove it.

I get quite a few that start first or second pull. Just flooded. But, they have been sitting a few days. Have to go close the shop door to keep from stinking the whole store up.

Matter of fact, all and all, the vast majority of "won`t" start saws are flooded.

I see on Stihl's website that currently the MS211 comes with the Elasto start pull cord as standard fitment. A few months ago i added one to my ms251. Works great View attachment 1206642
Sadly mine did not include it but along with it STIHL should include a DEComb release like my ms 261 has, i can deal with the standard STIHL cord handle as i always ware gloves.

Back