need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have an 025 and an 044 stihl. I will reach for the 025 with a 16" bar more often than the 044 because of weight. However, if I was going to cut 9 acres of wood, even though they are only 12-16" trees I would not want to do it with any of the saws you've narrowed it down to. I would really want more saw probably the Stihl 036 Pro at a minimum.

However, if price is an object I would not hesitate to recommend the Stihl 025. It has been a great limbing saw for me. I'm not a pro so my saws don't get used 5 days a week 8+ hours a day and the 025 has been ultra reliable. However for 9 acres of wood you are going to be pushing all of these saws to the edge.

My suggestion would be to buy the brand that has the closest good dealer. With all that cutting you are going to need some parts eventually and a good dealer will have them in stock, if one brand doesn't stock parts go with the other.

Good luck, have fun and be sure your dad buys a helmet/mask and some chaps for all that cutting! Tom

He will only clear about 2 acres at the most. Just enought for the cabin and some area around it plus drive way.

Re: advice

Originally posted by stihltech
You can look at stats all day. Take one out and run it, then you will know.

Kalmos, this is probably the best advice you have gotten on this thread. Since you have already narrowed down your search somewhat, it is time to 'test drive' a couple saws. Would you buy a car based on a month of research and NO test drives?

Well guys. My dad got Husky 55 and he's very happy with the purchase. He claims it cuts trees like knife through butter :blob2:

Thanks to all for your expert advice.

Latest posts

Back