NeoTec Customer Service Is Very Strange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diver64

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a NeoTec 843 which is a 543xp clone. When it came it had no air filter and the pull cord broke first pull. I fixed the cord easy enough but sent NeoTec a message about the air filter and cord. First couple of responses were in Chinese which I don't speak or read. I then got one from "Joey" in English apologizing for the problems and asking if I would like to send the saw back. No, I just want an air filter. I went on NeoTecs site and ordered the filter. I also ordered a recoil plus a new oil pump just to have them. All the parts cost $15 with the air filter only being about $4. Pretty cheap and not a big deal.
I then get an email from Joey apologizing that the air filter is out of stock. Go buy one and send a copy of the receipt and they would reimburse me, the recoil would be shipped and would take about 3 weeks. Fair enough although I didn't ask for a recoil just the missing air filter.
I sent a message to cancel the order since they didn't have a filter in stock which is what I really wanted and were sending a recoil which I didn't ask for then got in the truck and went up to Southern Chainsaw. They ordered me a OEM filter since they didn't have one in stock.
I then got an email from Joey telling me that the order had already been shipped so they couldn't cancel it. Wait, you told me the filter was not in stock and the recoil would take 3 weeks and now all the items were shipped same day? Very strange.
I then get a different email from someone else saying they had shipped me a new powerhead and it would be a week or two. Powerhead? I don't want a powerhead, I just wanted an air filter? I didn't even want an entire recoil assembly either.
So I am either getting an air filter, recoil and oil pump I ordered plus paid for, a new recoil assembly sometime in the next 3 weeks for free and maybe a whole powerhead. I'll have 2 air filters, 2 recoil units and a new powerhead.

Sounds like I'm getting another saw for free when all I wanted was a darn air filter.

I had a very similar experience with Senix, the maker of 4 stroke chainsaws. I bought one on sale on Walmart.com while back. Got it and the pull handle broke 15th ish pull. I send an email asking for a new pull handle. I was very specific and nice in my email. They said they send me a new “pole saw.” I even tried correcting them, I figured I’d either get a pull handle or a pole saw in the mail. I got another new chainsaw, for free. I got an aluminum pull handle for my saw and sold the new saw to my dad.

Seems to be a trend. I bought a new LED 3 settings 10K security light. Talking with their tech we figured it came with bad photocell. So I bought one myself and contacted maker for a replacement photocell under warranty. Being broke from get go no problem.

Dag gone when I opened up the box a week or so later they sent me another whole security light like one I bought at Lowes. :oops:

Latest posts

Back