New from Spartanburg SC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR125Honda

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the group. Breaking out my trusty old Skil 1631 to supplement my Mini Mac to help deal with all the downed trees in the area after the hurricane. Research lead me to the site after looking for a set of replacement points. If anyone can help with a link, etc., it would be much appreciated. Would like to get them on order asap. Thanks, Ken image.jpg

Hello all. New to the group. Breaking out my trusty old Skil 1631 to supplement my Mini Mac to help deal with all the downed trees in the area after the hurricane. Research lead me to the site after looking for a set of replacement points. If anyone can help with a link, etc., it would be much appreciated. Would like to get them on order asap. Thanks, KenView attachment 1208032
Welcome to AS. Not sure I understand what you mean by "replacement points" ?.. that's an old saw for sure

Welcome to AS. Not sure I understand what you mean by "replacement points" ?.. that's an old saw for sure
Hi Stihlproincky,
Thanks for the welcome.
Maybe difficult wording on my part.
This saw uses points in the ignition system. I’d like to find and buy new points. Just found a pic of points for reference. They look something like these (below).
I’m 64 and it was my grandfather’s saw. Best I can gather, it’s a 1969 vintage, give or take. Pretty popular saw back then. The PM 340 Canadien is a duplicate of it (or it’s a duplicate of the PM) from what I’ve read.
I did get if fired up yesterday after lightly sanding/cleaning the coil attachment and air gap areas. Running very well actually. Just need a new chain now. Will still buy a new set of points if I can find some for backup.

IMG_4519.jpeg

An ad from late 60’s

IMG_4506.png

Hi Stihlproincky,
Thanks for the welcome.
Maybe difficult wording on my part.
This saw uses points in the ignition system. I’d like to find and buy new points. Just found a pic of points for reference. They look something like these (below).
I’m 64 and it was my grandfather’s saw. Best I can gather, it’s a 1969 vintage, give or take. Pretty popular saw back then. The PM 340 Canadien is a duplicate of it (or it’s a duplicate of the PM) from what I’ve read.
I did get if fired up yesterday after lightly sanding/cleaning the coil attachment and air gap areas. Running very well actually. Just need a new chain now. Will still buy a new set of points if I can find some for backup.

View attachment 1208719

An ad from late 60’s

View attachment 1208721
Ah yes, points.. I thought that's what you were talking about but wasn't too sure. Nice old saw, hopefully you can find the parts you're looking for, could be hard due to its age.. might try ebay for parts or a parts saw

Back