New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew it’d fit in one load! Good thing the shop was right down the road. We had to have a guy spot every wire lol.

Got my years firewood (for personal use) under the crap wood. Should be pretty sweet.

Can you post a pic close up of how you have the hook welded to the bucket?

That was there for the seeing.

View attachment 1197129

Looks like a "weldable" hook put on a fishplate for extra strength. It's kinda short for a weldable hook, so maybe a conventional hook that was cut short?

View attachment 1197133
I have 2 of these on my excavator bucket, 1 on either side of the quick coupler, handiest things ever, second to the trailer hitch I welded to the blade

Three. Perhaps 5, if you do lots of chain lifting. Sometimes you want two or more chains attached and in different places.

I end up bending buckets too often from a single stress point in the middle of the bucket. Best to use two lift hooks, and put the weight out towards the edges of the bucket where it is stronger.

6C923369-7033-49AF-A275-DD41DD630DB6.jpegNice little 2004 250xp up for sale if anyone is interested. JD 125, purrs like a kitten at tap of key. Damn digital gauge went bad so can’t make out hours, but the way I remember it (it’s my back up chipper) it had less than 3k hours on it when gauge broke, and just occasional use from there. Winch (like new cable), super-sized quad rollers, hyd. chute, new battery… regularly serviced, just a nice machine ready to go to work. Motor is like new, oil clean and never uses a drop. Asking 22k.

We took down a 34" cherry the other day and had permission to set up in the neighbors dump of a yard. Neighbor's house looked like the Clopek house in The Burbs. Yard was a dump, garbage everywhere, tall grass growing out of the gutters. The accused me of damaging their property and are hassling me for my insurance. Barraged me with pics that show no ruts and just some jewel weed matted down. They say they need compensation for the jewel weed.
I'm having my agent handle this, I hope it gets denied even though I don't have a deductible.

We took down a 34" cherry the other day and had permission to set up in the neighbors dump of a yard. Neighbor's house looked like the Clopek house in The Burbs. Yard was a dump, garbage everywhere, tall grass growing out of the gutters. The accused me of damaging their property and are hassling me for my insurance. Barraged me with pics that show no ruts and just some jewel weed matted down. They say they need compensation for the jewel weed.
I'm having my agent handle this, I hope it gets denied even though I don't have a deductible.
Unbelievable. Some people eh?

We have a lot of clients we tell, "don't call us back again"
I can think of several times everything seemed good, customer was pleased.. within a day or two later, we get a call back with complaints. Often seeking compensation of some kind. It's a strange world we are living in these days my friend

I had the cops called on me this week for trimming a "boundary tree" back to my customers property line, well, actually 5ft onto my customers side, just making the tree clear the fence which is totally on the customers side

cops told the angry neighbor to shove it and told me to get back to work

update on the knee, pain isn't horrible but it doesn't wanna bend all the way in either direction, last night it wouldn't stop over extending with every step so I had to sorta hobble around, doesn't help that its my left knee and my dump truck has a clutch pedal from hell

from now on, just like customers asking if i have insurance, I might start asking if they have insurance!

Back