Property clearing, vegetation, weed remediation advice needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea how it got there in the first place?

Up at my house in Manchester MD. one of my hardest battles was swamp. Nearly impossible to mow in some years after big snows and thaws and wet Springs.

Wound up overgrown with those Maple Trees and swamp grass, cat tails. Worst I can see is I basically grew a crop of lumber.
So the story goes, back when my wife's great grandparents lived there, they got into a pretty heated fight and Lesta threw a pot with bamboo at Norman and it went through a window. Supposedly when Norman cleaned it up after the fight he tossed it down in the woods on the junk pile and it grew from there.

So the story goes, back when my wife's great grandparents lived there, they got into a pretty heated fight and Lesta threw a pot with bamboo at Norman and it went through a window. Supposedly when Norman cleaned it up after the fight he tossed it down in the woods on the junk pile and it grew from there.
I kind of saw all that coming except for the fight part.

I didn't believe it at first, but her grandmother and great uncle tell the same story whenever asked. Her great uncle said they liked the privacy it gave them so the kept up with it till the got older then it took over. No one has really bothered with it since her grandparents moved in, now its our problem since it's causing such a problem. Only nice part is her grandmother pays for whatever we need to deal with it and doesn't complained about spraying so it works out pretty good.

Latest posts

Back