Newly planted Swamp white oak dropped leaves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbray812

Reaction score
Hi all
Thank you for having me here.

I had a 5 inch caliper swamp white oak planted. I heavily mulched around the tree but made sure the mulch was not close to the trunk. We had a storm which dropped 2-3 inches of rain right after It was planted and I thought It would be enough for the tree and honestly didn’t water It for about 8 days after the rain came. By the time I watered It the leaves had already browned. Now the leaves are mostly gone.

Is this tree a goner or do you think It will come back next year? Should I still water It now? Any other advice would be very helpful

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5320.jpeg
    IMG_5320.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Hi all
Thank you for having me here.

I had a 5 inch caliper swamp white oak planted. I heavily mulched around the tree but made sure the mulch was not close to the trunk. We had a storm which dropped 2-3 inches of rain right after It was planted and I thought It would be enough for the tree and honestly didn’t water It for about 8 days after the rain came. By the time I watered It the leaves had already browned. Now the leaves are mostly gone.

Is this tree a goner or do you think It will come back next year? Should I still water It now? Any other advice would be very helpful

Thank you!
A product I used for years that sounds like snake oil but really works will make that tree pop leaves this year!
It is called "Super Thrive" Dump a little in a 5 gallon bucket of water and water the tree with it.
We often used it on troublesome B&B and never lost one using it. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERthrive-...bdd-aeb4-57c14273979d&pd_rd_i=B000OM82J0&th=1

A product I used for years that sounds like snake oil but really works will make that tree pop leaves this year!
It is called "Super Thrive" Dump a little in a 5 gallon bucket of water and water the tree with it.
We often used it on troublesome B&B and never lost one using it. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERthrive-...bdd-aeb4-57c14273979d&pd_rd_i=B000OM82J0&th=1
Snake oil is what this thing needs. Just dosed It. Gave It two 5 gallon buckets with 5tsp each. Should I use this with every watering? How often should I be watering a troubled tree at this point? How do I know if it’s dead

It has been in the ground since August 6.
Started noticing It wasn’t getting enough water around August 17. Most leaves gone by Aug 21. Now now much on It. I have been watering roughly 10 gallons every other day. 5 inch caliper.

Snake oil is what this thing needs. Just dosed It. Gave It two 5 gallon buckets with 5tsp each. Should I use this with every watering? How often should I be watering a troubled tree at this point? How do I know if it’s dead

It has been in the ground since August 6.
Started noticing It wasn’t getting enough water around August 17. Most leaves gone by Aug 21. Now now much on It. I have been watering roughly 10 gallons every other day. 5 inch caliper.
We typically only treated once with results showing about 2-4 weeks? I do not remember what concentration we used. - we did not even measure.....

Back