Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, do you block off the oiler at the exit or do you actually remove the pump and block it elsewhere?

You have to remove the pump and block the impulse hole in the case.

I actually use a extra oil pump cover that I had here. I just filed the gasket locating pins off of it and used a piece of inner tube for a gasket to seal it. If you don't have a extra pump cover you could fabricate a block off plate to use on it.

Nice 4000 BTW

Pretty sure on the 3400 he puts a blocking plate between the pump and saw body. Least that's how would do it.

I just use the pump cover as is and punch the 4 screw holes and the locating pin holes in a piece of inner tube with a gasket or leather punch and screw it back on it back on. You can use the diaphragm as a template.

s25da carb kit help

hi need your guys help please, as my search function is dead (hack related or somethin).

trying to bring this old S25DA (super delux XXV automatic) back to life after i killed it :( im a novice and its my first & only saw, i might of ran it too hard, too hot and maybe eyeballing the oil/gas ratio once or twice.

hope the poulan gods can forgive me.

i peeked at the piston, its a little bit scored thanks to me, but before i tackle that, im gunna try the basics. i got this saw on a trade, and from the orig owner. and it looks like its got years of grime inside of it, but zero rust ect. looks nice, just dirty. needs a good once over just about everywhere.

>>> gunna start with new fuel line, filter, and carb rebuilt. just looking for some help with the right parts, reading some kits dont match up correctly with the older cards. mine has a WA19A and ill be needing a kit for that, aswell as the diaphragm that goes directly underneath the carb.

this looks like the diaphragm / carb base gasket? Part # 530019053 ... http://www.ereplacementparts.com/pump-body-cover-gasket-p-269210.html

or Diaphragm 504130807 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

and this looks like the kit ? ... Walbro Carb Kit for Poulan for WA18 WA19 WA79 WA149 | eBay

or this ? ... Carburator Kit for Craftsman Fits Walbro WT3 WA19A WT20 WT309 | eBay

am i right?
already ordered the fuel line and filter so just whatever i need to do the carb is where i need some help narrowing things down. thanks & ill be using marks fuel line guide.

Last edited:
hi need your guys help please, as my search function is dead (hack related or somethin).

trying to bring this old S25DA (super delux XXV automatic) back to life after i killed it :( im a novice and its my first & only saw, i might of ran it too hard, too hot and maybe eyeballing the oil/gas ratio once or twice.

hope the poulan gods can forgive me.

i peeked at the piston, its a little bit scored thanks to me, but before i tackle that, im gunna try the basics. i got this saw on a trade, and from the orig owner. and it looks like its got years of grime inside of it, but zero rust ect. looks nice, just dirty. needs a good once over just about everywhere.

>>> gunna start with new fuel line, filter, and carb rebuilt. just looking for some help with the right parts, reading some kits dont match up correctly with the older cards. mine has a WA19A and ill be needing a kit for that, aswell as the diaphragm that goes directly underneath the carb.

this looks like the diaphragm / carb base gasket? Part # 530019053 ... Pump Body Cover Gasket [530019053] - $1.43 at eReplacementParts.com

or Diaphragm 504130807 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

and this looks like the kit ? ... Walbro Carb Kit for Poulan for WA18 WA19 WA79 WA149 | eBay

or this ? ... Carburator Kit for Craftsman Fits Walbro WT3 WA19A WT20 WT309 | eBay

am i right?
already ordered the fuel line and filter so just whatever i need to do the carb is where i need some help narrowing things down. thanks & ill be using marks fuel line guide.

go on acres site, get kit #'s, a decent saw shop will have 'em... mine did anyway. btw, some kits cover more than one carb, you'll be a good mechanic and have parts left over...

Last edited:
Believe any WA kit will work. Like mentioned there will be extra parts. Just be sure to match gaskets and diaphragms with the old ones. You can make a carb gasket by simply tracing around the black intake manifold under the carb, using gasket material. It can be removed for ease of tracing.

thanks guys really helped me narrow things down! thats a nice site there on acres. :msp_thumbup:

This one just got scratched off the poulan gtg list PP505. Nice knowing ya but I got to make some room. All can go not married to any chainsaw. :rock: :laugh::laugh:

attachment.php

View attachment 314867

361 no spark issue

I received a 361 today, it hada very faint spark so I tore it down and gave it a good cleaning and cleaned the points and checked the gap (015) but when I try and tighten the points screw it moves the arm that is on the crankshaft. What am I doing wrong?? I am very tired, I kind of over did it today, so I walked away. I received the 245A today from member EchoShawn and it is a time capsule as Mark said. I also picked up 2 3400's. Best part of the day is I sold a Husky 359 to pay for all of my Poulans.

361 no spark issue

I received a 361 today, it hada very faint spark so I tore it down and gave it a good cleaning and cleaned the points and checked the gap (015) but when I try and tighten the points screw it moves the arm that is on the crankshaft. What am I doing wrong?? I am very tired, I kind of over did it today, so I walked away. I received the 245A today from member EchoShawn and it is a time capsule as Mark said. I also picked up 2 3400's. Best part of the day is I sold a Husky 359 to pay for all of my Poulans.

The 361 only has one screw holding the points down right?

If so snug the screw down just a wee bit so it wont move too easy, then adjust the points by moving the plate with a screwdriver in between the cam or the case, then tighten them up the rest of the way. Just done the ones on the 46 that way the other day and I think there the same points as the 361.

Glad you got the 245, that thing is gorgeous. I tried hard to resist it and actually did it, but only because I have this one already...

attachment.php

Not to skew the thread but hey Mark thanks for the review on the 5020 way back when. I got one yesterday and fitted it up with the identical powermate bar and a loop of 16" stihl chain. It's a little screamer. I'm on the third tank of gas and so far so good. I really like the thing. Thanks again. Scott
* That 245 is mint!!

Took a sandcast 65 in yesterday for partial payment for labor on another saw. It has spark and 120 pounds compression and is supposed to run. The starter is slipping and he said it needs the clutch replaced. I hope to get it checked out over the weekend,it has a 20" bar and the chain has never been sharpened,but needs it.

3700 oiler issue?

Have a 3700 I threw together out of some buckets of parts. Thing runs amazing, but I can't get the oiler to cooperate at all. I even swapped in one from another carcass saw that worked fine on manual on the original saw, but now, on the new one, doesn't really want to cooperate...
Are there any tricks to these oilers? I'm using regular heavy bar oil.. is it too heavy for these?

Not to skew the thread but hey Mark thanks for the review on the 5020 way back when. I got one yesterday and fitted it up with the identical powermate bar and a loop of 16" stihl chain. It's a little screamer. I'm on the third tank of gas and so far so good. I really like the thing. Thanks again. Scott
* That 245 is mint!!

Glad you like the 5020, I still think there the best overall buy out there.

Thanks for the compliment on the 245, but that saw was restored...

Took a sandcast 65 in yesterday for partial payment for labor on another saw. It has spark and 120 pounds compression and is supposed to run. The starter is slipping and he said it needs the clutch replaced. I hope to get it checked out over the weekend,it has a 20" bar and the chain has never been sharpened,but needs it.

No pictures? Didn't happen. :hmm3grin2orange: Not sure I know what a 65 looks like?

I don't even have a IPL for one.

Have a 3700 I threw together out of some buckets of parts. Thing runs amazing, but I can't get the oiler to cooperate at all. I even swapped in one from another carcass saw that worked fine on manual on the original saw, but now, on the new one, doesn't really want to cooperate...
Are there any tricks to these oilers? I'm using regular heavy bar oil.. is it too heavy for these?

Aww those oilers! First thing you have to know is how they actually work before you can do much with them.

That said the most common problem with them is the original intake lines crack and you cant see them behind the spring covering them. Second problem I see is the output line can break and just pump oil back into the tank. Third is there are two check valves in the pump body and if one of them come loose that wont let it work either.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a service manual for them.

Back