Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not working on any new projects of late. I do have a couple of 3000's to break down and put back together once fall really sets in. And a bigger Counter Vibe. Lots of firewood though.

3400 in action yesterday. This one seems to like it pretty lean when cutting. 3/4 max on H. Any more and it slows right down. Might be looking for another carburetor. This one has required odd settings from the get go.

Cutting Oct 8 2016 2.jpg

Has anyone ever gone through porting and polishing and timing advancing of a 4200 or 5500 countervibes. If so what results did you get. Any gains?

New to me 4000
53f268f000e2e1f41896e8ed4d93d84a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Bob,
My old post 36260 on page 1813 in this Poulan sticky thread has a solution that fixed all of mine.

Even if the diaphragm is good, it still leaks on that unsupported edge in the impulse channel. That cap cover should have been cast with a hole, not a slot...
I do recall that Thread and thanks for providing a reference page. I'll re-read it. I'm still disappointed in the chain still moving at idle. Replaced the flat springs with new ones and it still turns. Maybe if I can get the air leak fixed it'll fixed this issue.
L

I wont port mine or have them ported as parts are too hard to find... but saws i can repair easy and have muliples of would be fun to see exactly what can be rung out of one before it goes south

I wont port mine or have them ported as parts are too hard to find... but saws i can repair easy and have muliples of would be fun to see exactly what can be rung out of one before it goes south
See now you have my CAD going I need to look at ebay see whats on the market but last week prices were over the top

I do recall that Thread and thanks for providing a reference page. I'll re-read it. I'm still disappointed in the chain still moving at idle. Replaced the flat springs with new ones and it still turns. Maybe if I can get the air leak fixed it'll fixed this issue.
L

Bob,

Is the washer (clutch plate) between the drum and the clutch spider in there?

Latest posts

Back