Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I can get a Chinese carb kit for that 25 CVA for 2 bucks or pay 7-8 for one from the US. Are the Chinese ones decent or are they lower quality like many of the other replacement parts?

I have found the non-OEM kits work fine. Maybe 1 or 2 in the last 60 I've used were stubborn. More likely a carb issue than the actual kit (check valves, throttle shaft play etc.). Some folks swear OEM though. OEM from the dealers in Canada are upwards of $15-20. Adds up in a hurry.

I have found the non-OEM kits work fine. Maybe 1 or 2 in the last 60 I've used were stubborn. More likely a carb issue than the actual kit (check valves, throttle shaft play etc.). Some folks swear OEM though. OEM from the dealers in Canada are upwards of $15-20. Adds up in a hurry.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant either of them are AM but talking Chinese versus (assumed) American made kits. As a follow up I found a $4 kit on Amazon that looked good so buying that.

Well, think I'm going to pull my 3700?off the Trading Post. Having a cracked rear handle, I believe isn't helping sell it. I do have an extra handle but the paint is worn off. What product is close without having to spend beaucoup dollars to get something mixed?

Well, think I'm going to pull my 3700?off the Trading Post. Having a cracked rear handle, I believe isn't helping sell it. I do have an extra handle but the paint is worn off. What product is close without having to spend beaucoup dollars to get something mixed?
$25.00 for a rattle can of mopar sublime

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Working on this now, Dayton 401. 4 cubes of loud vibration
5f4a6183b65bd1f22ad176ea207298c5.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I think your price is more than fair Bob and I'd buy it if I had the extra $. I have had a tough time selling saws lately too, I think it's just the timing, I dunno. But if you can't get what your asking for it I'd just keep it if I were you.

I think your price is more than fair Bob and I'd buy it if I had the extra $. I have had a tough time selling saws lately too, I think it's just the timing, I dunno. But if you can't get what your asking for it I'd just keep it if I were you.
Probably will. I have 3 3700's and don't really use them, so thought I'd thin the herd.

Ok, so Dad picked up the Craftsman saw I bought for $30 a week ago that I was waiting on. I knew it was either a 4.2 or a 5.2. Well it's a 4.2 and it's in good shape, except for the most important part, the top end. Here are some pictures he sent me. It runs but the piston is scored pretty good. I'm going to try and save the cylinder and see if I can get a piston/rings for it and hopefully save it cause it really looks like it's in good shape besides that.

IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG

Latest posts

Back