Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, I really think that you will really like that saw and as you said there pretty well built saws. You probably got it very right also.

That Italy thing had me confused also, but maybe Elux was useing that as a corprate address? I was very sure that it was made in USA but like anything now days it may have some parts made in Italy or who knows where.

I know I like my PP365 alot which isn't that much different the your 330.

Italy would be better then China though wouldnt it?

Randy, I really think that you will really like that saw and as you said there pretty well built saws. You probably got it very right also.

That Italy thing had me confused also, but maybe Elux was useing that as a corprate address? I was very sure that it was made in USA but like anything now days it may have some parts made in Italy or who knows where.

I know I like my PP365 alot which isn't that much different the your 330.

Italy would be better then China though wouldnt it?

ummmmmmm, yeah...:rant:

Poulan 3700 muffler mod

Okay guys. I measured the exhaust port on my 3700 and it has an area of
.799 inches. If I read an early muffler mod rule correctly, your mod should cover 125% of the exhaust port. If I drill two 15/32 holes in the bottom of the muffler front that would almost make it .986 inches(125% of .799). I also plan to enlarge the baffle holes as well. Does this seem okay. I don't want to open it too much and wonder how everyone else measures mod openings.
Bob

I guess this would be a fitting place to post a few pictures of a Poulan....

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1806.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

Enjoy your new saw Mark.

:cheers:
Mike

As MS460 said TSC has (or had) a few new Poulan Pro 330 saws. With the tip I went to my local TSC and they were able to locate on in Ohio and graciously shipped it in.

First thought is it's very much like my 335 (which is a great saw) but has a new air filter that I really like. It was shipped to me with a 22" bar (missing but replaced) and .375 x .050 chain. I didn't like that set up so I converted it to a 18" x .325 x .050 and it really likes this configuration. The bar looks pretty bad in the pictures but I assure you it's almost new just an ugly Oregon after some use.

I've run it about 15 min and everything seems just right. Next up will be a muffler mod and the squish will not even dent .032 lead wire so the jug is coming off to reset to .020.

One thing I can't figure out is I pulled the limiters from the carb and threw them away as it has screw heads with springs behind them but both screws were 2 turns out and it runs great except I did back the H jet out 1/8 turn to get more fuel on top.

Overall I would say this saw is one of the last of the well built Poulans being that it does have a verticaly split crankcase with separate cylinder and not a clamshell design. Personally I would put this in the same category as the MS260, 5100S, or the 346NE....it's that well built at first impression but time will tell.

The attached pictures were taken today (I didn't have time to blow it off after running) and this is the first day I can run it as the weather has been LOUSY!!! Don't you just hate it, you get a new saw and the weather is bad for a week.

Another thing I am confused on is the tag says Italy but assembled in USA. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

I know that I like mine!!!:cheers:

Okay guys. I measured the exhaust port on my 3700 and it has an area of
.799 inches. If I read an early muffler mod rule correctly, your mod should cover 125% of the exhaust port. If I drill two 15/32 holes in the bottom of the muffler front that would almost make it .986 inches(125% of .799). I also plan to enlarge the baffle holes as well. Does this seem okay. I don't want to open it too much and wonder how everyone else measures mod openings.
Bob

I just step back, close one eye and give it the old once over, then say to myself, yeah I think I'll just start drilling!

So I've posted a couple times that my 4000 idles down and almost stalls when you tip it bar down. And havent received response. So what you Yall think? again

So I've posted a couple times that my 4000 idles down and almost stalls when you tip it bar down. And havent received response. So what you Yall think? again

First thing i'd check is if the fuel fliter is stuck high up on tank or to the right so that when you tip saw its not in fuel. That's the easy check. Did you clean carb or rebuild it?

havent really had time to check it out recently and i left it at my old mans place. Will be going to pick it up soon I'll check those things. It works really good other wise. and starts fine.

First thing i'd check is if the fuel fliter is stuck high up on tank or to the right so that when you tip saw its not in fuel. That's the easy check. Did you clean carb or rebuild it?

I would bet on the fuel filter not flopping around properly too.

Poulan 3700 bar fit

Looking for an 18 in bar. Getting confused with Oregon bar mount fit. Notice two bar mount patterns; K041 and D176. Will either one fit the 3400,3700 and 4000? Have a beat up D176 and it seems to fit but want to be sure before buying a new bar. What is differance between bar mount designations? . Oregon site doesn't shed any light as it doesn't show a stand alone bar for the Poulan 3700, only combo pacakages. Thanks
Bob

Looking for an 18 in bar. Getting confused with Oregon bar mount fit. Notice two bar mount patterns; K041 and D176. Will either one fit the 3400,3700 and 4000? Have a beat up D176 and it seems to fit but want to be sure before buying a new bar. What is differance between bar mount designations? . Oregon site doesn't shed any light as it doesn't show a stand alone bar for the Poulan 3700, only combo pacakages. Thanks
Bob

I only see the D176 fitting in my book....

Mike

gonecountry, One of my 4000's was kinda acting that way, would quit on me once in awile. I leaned out the LOW needle a little, and it seemed to solve my problem. Don't know if thats your problem or filter issue? or both, lol
Good luck:)

Gregg,

Bob

Bob, I think the D176 is the one ya want to look for. I'm in need of several new bars myself. I just put together a couple more saws, another 3400 & a 3700. Baileys only has the Oregon Power Match Plus bars for our Poulans. They are nice, but a little pricey, if ya need several of em. There was a couple new old stock Poulan (banana) bars on ebay recently, but I got outbid in the last 4 seconds..:crazy1:

Bob, I think the D176 is the one ya want to look for. I'm in need of several new bars myself. I just put together a couple more saws, another 3400 & a 3700. Baileys only has the Oregon Power Match Plus bars for our Poulans. They are nice, but a little pricey, if ya need several of em. There was a couple new old stock Poulan (banana) bars on ebay recently, but I got outbid in the last 4 seconds..:crazy1:

Been there! Looking at an 18in Oregon Double Guard for 18.99 plus shipping. Not really cheap but not bad when compared to normal prices. Guy has two of them and I wanted to be sure of bar mount before buying.
Thanks. Bob

Latest posts

Back