o36 pro mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
036 pro mods

By all means do the exhaust work. I just did 2 of my saws,( stihl 044 , shindaiwa 488 ). I have to give credit for these to Ken Dunn. I talked at length with Ken about exhaust mods. The two most important things are: make sure you don't go to big on the hole ( a 1/2 " X 1" works according to Ken ) and put a screen on the new hole, exhausts also suck in a little. Happy cutting, Rich.

Last edited:
Rich, do you mean a rectangular hole 1/2'-1' or one 1/2' hole? I thought about drilling out the stock hole and the putting a identical hole next to it or maybe make the outlet oval shapped.

Pics of the unit

Oh boy! Out for dinner tonight with a Far Eastern client. Ork-faced again. Here's one for ya Den...

I NOMINATE DOUG FOR THE BEST AVITAR! YES i KNOW THE CAPSLOCK IS ON, I THINK THE SITUATION MERITS A LITTLE SCREAMING!

He he...gotta love that Anime! Just a multi-paged gif file.

Dennis,

T he bits came in from Brasseler today. The spherical 4mm burr works great on metal. The drill fits right down the 1.08" bore of a 15cc model engine I have and is easily workable on the ports. I'll be sending it along soon.:blob2:

Back