Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could have sold that ghastly 460 of mine to him... :laugh:
He's not exactly a chainsaw guy I wanted to get him into something that was powerful and reliable and affordable. I modded the muffler on his 029 and advanced the timing but I didn't tighten the flywheel nut enough and we shared the key. He took it to a place and put a used flywheel and another muffler on it because it was too loud. When he got it back he called me and said bud this thing won't run right. I just happen to have the 2260 with me and I let him run a while I worked on his pile of crap.

I think that all it took for him was to get a different saw in his hands with some power. He came from the mentality of stihls the best because that's what everybody runs.................

Last edited:
I know Kenneth, Cobey, Steve and Jerry have my cell number by now. If any of you other 'ner-do-wells' want it, you can pick it up from them or just visit my one of my many C'list adds.

'ner-do-wells' = Blondie's discription of the company I keep.
I gived it to workshop Steve :)

Hey fellas. been a while ive got a couple questions for somebody. does jred have a comparable saw to the 346xp . thanks guys. oh ya dont forget to bring in the little brass monkey tonight.

Well guys, ground conditions right now are junk! Not sure but between 4 and 8 inches of fluffy white stuff on the ground. Normally this would be gone in 2 or 3 days. But temps are not forecast to get up to the freezing point until Thursday. Unless a miracle happens Charity Cut III may be postponed until better conditions prevail. I would hate for somebody to slide off into a tree. Or if the tree's didn't stop you, the river would. I will keep everyone updated and probably make a decision by Monday. I hate to put a damper on it but I have to think of my friends safety first.
Steve

Back