opened up 036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I decided to open it up a bit to see if it would help. I had to drill a 3/8 hole forward of the one they had in it, then take a dremel with a small cut off wheel and connect the two holes. hopefully i can get this picture to post.

that's real close to how I did my 026 muffler. Should work well for you, but I wanna hear the expert's opinions. :D

OK, went out today and measured it, it now has a hole that is 1"X1/2" in it instead of that 3/8 choke hold it had before, I fired it up (didnt have anything to cut with it):( , it seems like it wants to jump right to the top rpm's instantly now, and shes just a bit louder but not much. cant wait to bury it into a log and see how it cuts now.:blob2:

Now i dont know the 036 all that well...but the only problem I forsee with that particular cut....is that the exhaust will not be deflected forward, but come straight out the side...and possibly melt the brake handle?? Otherwise it looks great...and should do the job intended quite well....Like I say...I dont know exactly how the 036 brk handle is...

Originally posted by Dennis
Now i dont know the 036 all that well...but the only problem I forsee with that particular cut....is that the exhaust will not be deflected forward, Like I say...I dont know exactly how the 036 brk handle is...
I dont see it being a problem the back part is still forcing some of the exhaust forward helping move the exhaust that is trying to come straight out a bit forward to. plus the brake handle is to the rear of it, Im a sheet metal worker so if it gives me any crap i will spot weld a larger diverter on to it.

yeah - that is not deflecting anything anywhere, since its on the right hand side it might not matter. pipes seem to be the most common solution, allthewhile blocking off the side exhaust ports:)

Back