Partner Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy J

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Relativly new here, been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I've noticed Partner chainsaws mentioned a couple of times, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with mine. I came across an older Partner 1616 that I got pretty inexpensively. It seems to saw pretty good, but I'm having a hard time keeping it running. The idle was way too fast, so I adjusted that down to an appropriate speed, but after a few minutes it dies, and is hard to restart. Any ideas? Is this saw even worth messing with? Like I said, it sure seems to cut good for a smaller saw, when it's running. Oh, and should I remove either of the screens in the muffler?
Thanks for any and all help.

Randy

Is this saw relatively small? I thought the partner 1616 was the same as the Skil 1616, which they painted all kinds of colors and put 10 different manufactures names on.

Yeah. It's got a 16" blade on it. Yellow in color. Kind of a weird setup. You have to pull the hand guard back (chain brake setup I guess) to start the saw. The carb is right on top, under the handle, and the spark plug is really hidden.
Randy

Those saws were made by Skil and sold under thousands of different names.

Try rebuilding the carb. Most problems with old saws are casued by bad carb diaphragms.

As far as the screens, I'd clean them with oven cleaner and a wire brush, but some guys just take them out.

Thanks for the advice. I took it apart this morning, and found the fuel filter had disintegrated. Since some of it went through the fuel lines, looks like I'm rebuilding the carb also. Anyone know a good place to get parts for a Partner?
Thanks.
Randy

Latest posts

Back