Pfanner Protos helmet visor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TryinToLearn

Reaction score
Which visor do you prefer for your Protos helmet? I have the original mesh one but it gets damaged pretty easily. Thinking of buying the plastic visor but wow are they expensive for how flimsy they are....

Is the plastic one better? or are there any options for the helmet besides the crappy ones they make?

I am happy with mine, dont find it flimsy it gives good protection and is great to see through. Maybe its the way you handle it, I never seen anyone break a Protos mesh visor from normal use

I am happy with mine, dont find it flimsy it gives good protection and is great to see through. Maybe its the way you handle it, I never seen anyone break a Protos mesh visor from normal use

I don't have any trouble in trees but mine broke trimming overgrown an hau tree which is pretty much a bush. I ordered the plastic one and felt it was even flimsier than the mesh (about half as thick as a plastic coke bottle for $75) so ended up just getting mesh. At my old job I always had to wear helmet but I will probably not wear it unless in a tree

Back