Pictures Of My Oldtimer Chainsaw Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since my picture threads with chainsaw and logging pictures have found many friends here, I will start now another thread to show you my antique chainsaw collection.

If you like it, I will post from time to time pictures of my about 50 collection saws here.

I start with my brand new, never used Stihl 031 AV that I got this week.

Stihl031neu-1.jpg

Stihl031neu-2.jpg

Stihl031neu-3.jpg

Stihl031neu-4.jpg

Stihl031neu-5.jpg

Stihl031neu-6.jpg

Stihl031neu-7.jpg

Nice man Looks good!!

Oh My that brings back memories! Just like they used to be when I used to pull rhem out of the box and set them up, sharpen the chain and put them on the rack for sale! Very Nice!

I know it makes a big diference with Lionel trains. I have a 1948 Lionel Electronic (radio controled) set. It's 100% complete including the radio transmitter. The set was apraised at $3500. With boxes it would at least double. The boxes for that one set were a different color than the other boxes and are very rare, Joe.

It's about the same thing with saws, but only certain saws. I saw a NOS McCulloch SP-125c go for $1900 as is, and one in the box pulled $3700 in similar auction conditions.

This is a NOS (new old stock) Schefenacker AS 5. Maybe you know the three-wheeled, yellow mowers for very high grass. They are made by the same company who made these nice saws in the 1960s.

Schefenackerneu1.jpg

Schefenackerneu2.jpg

Schefenackerneu3.jpg

And this is my oldest chainsaw. It's a two-man saw RINCO mod. A made in 1934. The engine is complete and running (with gear driven magneto type ignition) and I also have original bar + helper handle for it. Just the very special chain is not complete.

RincoA-1.jpg

RincoA-2.jpg

RincoA-3.jpg

WANKEL chainsaw Dolmar KMS 4:

DolmarKMS4-1-1.jpg

DolmarKMS4-3-1.jpg

great post

Martin was very helpful in my rebuild of an old Dolmar CC 109.

You've got a great collection. I hadn't seen the others, but your collection of quality old saws is amazing.

Pete

yes thanks for all the pics

very very cool. i like the cutaways

Back