Pioneer P61 needs chain replacement, looking for a brand and part #

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

108logger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got my Pioneer P61 rebuilt and running great. Having a tough time find a chain for the 36 inch bar.

Any recommendations?

36 inch bar, 3/8 pitch, not sure of gauge or drive link count

Thanks

Got any numbers on the bar? A photo of them can help decode what you need.
Got an old chain? Count the drive links.
Stihl 36"calls for 114 DL's, Husqvarna 115 DL's- so somewhere there will get you close- with a 7 slot drive sprocket and standard bar.
Gauge can be measured with feeler gauges maybe Vernier's.

Still, an optimistic call perhaps to be running a 36 on a P61- but your area, your timber, your call. ;)

I counted drive links several times, 106.

Measured gauge, .063

The bar is an Oregon brand but the numbers don’t coincide with any I find on internet.

This saw is a beast, no doubt about it. It handles the 36 inch bar fine, just need a chain.

If I can go with 114 drive links that’s fine, just seems like that’s going to be a longer chain than I have.

I counted drive links several times, 106.

Measured gauge, .063

The bar is an Oregon brand but the numbers don’t coincide with any I find on internet.

This saw is a beast, no doubt about it. It handles the 36 inch bar fine, just need a chain.

If I can go with 114 drive links that’s fine, just seems like that’s going to be a longer chain than I have.

Well, if your old chain is 106 drive links and it fits that bar- you need a new chain of 106 drive links.
106 drive links is pretty standard for a 32 inch bar- not 36.

Latest posts

Back