PM Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I'll look into trying to source some of the alternatives you mentioned.
I'm not 100% on the completeness of the muffler, but I have the entire exterior. I'm just not sure if there were ever any baffles inside. Doesn't look like it to me.

That is a 270 or 271 muffler. Definitely not for a 275.

I've cleaned it all a few times and would be comfortable eating off those parts at this point. I hadn't considered sharpening the dogs. The cup is very noticeably worn on the inside which led me down the path of repair/replace. I tried taking a picture to show the wear.

Try the simple stuff first. Clean and degrease the parts, sharpen the trailing edge of the dog. Here's some friction washers. Looks like somebody is making aftermarket now.

Screenshot_20240701_194202_eBay.jpg

I've cleaned it all a few times and would be comfortable eating off those parts at this point. I hadn't considered sharpening the dogs. The cup is very noticeably worn on the inside which led me down the path of repair/replace. I tried taking a picture to show the wear.

You can that particular cup is not typical fairbanks morse. It is formed around flywheel protrusions. You are kind of stuck with it.

Latest posts

Back