Pooh-lan color difference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust7

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new Poulan 295 46cc/20". It's a yeller saw. Poulan also makes a 46cc/20" saw that is their traditional green. I here that one is a pro and the other idiot proof but they didn't know which was which and neither does this idiot. Anybody out there got the answer?

:confused:

the yeller saws are the better .imo.
i dont like the bar chain set up on the lowes stuff.,tho. i should say didnt . havnt tried any lately.main thing i dont like about their pro line ,at lowes is the constant mislabeling of motor specs etc.
example the 260 on the box says 40 cc.
on the saw says 42cc. ive spoken withum about this ,and showed them the problem. i dont think anybody at poulan really knows what cc it is.
also im beginning to think the 34 36 42 ccsaw of the pretty green color might not be too bad. higher than that and i dont need the green.

Poulan hasn't made a Pro saw in 10 years. The last good saw they made was the Super25DA, which was my climbing saw my first 5 years climbing.

The yellow ones are better than the green ones...at least a little. In the past, Poulan Pro has relabeled some pretty good saws from some of the foreign companies they were stabled up with when Electrolux started buying up the world chainsaw market.

Your 295 isn't really one of those, but is a serviceable saw for the occasional user. The small day-glow green saws are for the guy who will probably only use a gallon of gas, total, through any particular unit.

Great

Finally, just maybe, I picked the better of the two evils. Now I guess I'll juice it up and chase all these Tallowoods off this 67 plus menageree. The old Mac 610 can go on the wall now.

Treeclimber is right: You guys are the best.

Darn! 4 whole posts for me now. I'm loggin' I reckon

Thanks guys :D

My green poo-lan made me very happy last week, it happened when I took it to the pawn shop to liqidate it. I wanted a 100 bucks for the saw, a oregon bar and a couple of chains, the guy only offered me 75, so I walked. Next thing I new as I was carring the saw back to the Jeep, a customer who was in the store chased me down the street, I could not talk him out of giving me a hundred bucks for the saw. I honestly tried. (hope it serves him well ?????)

Cut 2 years wood with it and sold it for what I paid, less a bar and a chain!

When the time is right get a stihl or husky (or possably one of the few other good saws) in the long run you will be glad you did.

Yellow better than green, but still not a wood cutting machiene.

Timberwolf

while i did like my 260 ,i finally came to the same conclusion u have, mabe not the best choice for a pro. . now this old 335
i have ,got a more solid way about it.
doubt it would be a loggers saw but for my work i believe it might do.
ill know after this week. which is to say she wont get coddled. she either holds up or not. and if the answers no ,i need to know it now. before i start counting on it, an she drops me high an dry.
course i got the 028 but havnt really field tested this one ,which is why i didnt sell it.

Back