Poulan 330 oozing oil - question about bar attachment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loosanarrow

Reaction score
Im new here, first post. I have been tinkering with fixing up saws for a few years, and I just went through a PP330 I picked up cheap. Got it running yesterday, and it seems to ooze oil around the bar between the sprocket cover and the bar on top, and maybe all over around the bar under the bolts.
This saw has no thin metal plates or anything between the bar and saw or between the bar and sprocket cover - that is to say the bar makes direct contact with the saw case on one side and the sprocket cover on the other side. Is that the way they come from the factory? I also have a PP415 that I bought new in the early 1990’s and I seem to recall that it has at least one thin stainless steel plate that goes between the bar and the saw case.
Anyway, wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me if there should be some plates on either side of the bar or if the saw is designed so the bar directly contacts the saw in both sides. If it does make direct contact, what can I do get the oil to stay in the groove where it belongs?
Thanks for any help!

Latest posts

Back