problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
This weekend hosts the largest/lonest yard sale in the world.
U.S. 127 from Ohio to who knows where.
5 miles up the road is a vendor selling Stihl saws cheap, too
cheap. They may/must be hot, but I do not know. What is the
American retail for a new 066? Why/how is he here?
He had a lot of saws, but the 066 was the largest.
He even had a vintage 031, barely used, a good saw.
The 066 seemed too cheap to be kosher, but I do not have
a lot of dealings with the larger saws, but it was new.

I'd only buy too-good-to-be-true saws from regular people. A stuff dealer selling lots of them cheap sounds awfully fishy. Just thinking: an online stolen saw registry would be an interesting thing to start. Sort of what they have for Alembic basses.

Fish, have you gotten any of the emails I've sent, or is your system still acting up?

It seems to be working OK now, send it again.
The Stihl rep is supposedly checking this guy out. I am
sure these saws were hot, but there was no attempt to hide
the serial numbers. I know there are other serial number
locations inside the saw as well, but teardown would have
to be done.
The 066 was $600.

ive run into this myself but yhe guy was parked in a good place to try an get away .
edge of market. and he only sold 2-3 at a time.dam sure temting but all i need is to get caught w stolen goodss. plus i just
cant seem to develope much tolerance for a thief. guy once had a almost unscratched 064 ,75.bucks.
also had a big new husky for 200.
think it was a 372 . didnt have a finger print on it and was wraped in clear plastic. tempting but my thoughts were to the poor man that went to get his saw and it was gone.they oughta be a law.:)

Hopefully if those saws were hot the person who lost them knew the serial number. It's the only way they can be entered into the data bases as stolen. A good reminder, log your serial numbers somewhere safe. Not much worse than a theif, especially a chainsaw thief!

Fish,

I live really close to 127. I think I may know where you're talking. Any idea where the vendor was from?

Joe:confused:

Fish..700.00 usd for an 066 here as well...And yep..nothing worse than a chainsaw theif...noone around here gets many saws stolen that arent found very shortly....everyone takes a dislike to thiefs here...as everyone works in the industry....we have a pretty good dealer network around here...and we communicate alot over stolen saws....

I am looking for a Jonsered 2186 that went missing...its the only one around.....one of the 6 demos that was brought over for us to try...if anyone around sees one.....

Latest posts

Back