Pros & Cons on New Husqvarna 365 and 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is:
Husqvarna's Warranty Period applies to the original purchaser.
• For a complete description of Husqvarna's warranty coverage please refer to the Husqvarna Warranty Statement
• To find an authorized servicing dealer near you, please use the dealer locator.
• To download previous year's warranty coverage information, see attachments section at the bottom of the page.

2016 Warranty Coverage Consumer (personal, household use only) Commercial (any commercial, professional, agricultural, institutional or income producing use) Rental (any rental usage)
HANDHELD PRODUCTS
Chain Saws (1)(2) 2 Years 90 Days (3) 90 Days
Power Cutters (1) See Note 4 1 Year (5) 90 Days

(1) Handheld ignition modules, tiller tines, fabricated decks, and trimmer shafts all have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty," and are warranted for the life of the product or 7 (seven) years after the product's final production run, whichever comes first. Pole Saws and Pole Hedge Trimmers are excluded from the "Limited Lifetime Warranty."
Parts and labor are included in the initial warranty period; labor is excluded after the initial warranty period expires. Deck shell replacement will be limited to a maximum of two (2) deck shells within the Limited Lifetime Warranty. Warranty on PZ/P-ZT Frame, PZ only Spindle Housing, & PZ only Leading Edge of Deck is for the life of the product or 7 (seven) years after the last date of the complete unit's final production, whichever comes first.

No, not pulling your leg, maybe I took it out of context or imagined it, or wished for it. Just the coils, not the entire saw. Both sponsor quotes are in the USA.
Oh, wasn't sure, still I've never heard that before and can understand the wishing for it :), I did understand you meant just the coils.
Very sad to get that type of a quote from a sponsor, something is just not right, maybe he gave you the conversion to pesos :nofunny:.
Here it is:
Husqvarna's Warranty Period applies to the original purchaser.
• For a complete description of Husqvarna's warranty coverage please refer to the Husqvarna Warranty Statement
• To find an authorized servicing dealer near you, please use the dealer locator.
• To download previous year's warranty coverage information, see attachments section at the bottom of the page.

2016 Warranty Coverage Consumer (personal, household use only) Commercial (any commercial, professional, agricultural, institutional or income producing use) Rental (any rental usage)
HANDHELD PRODUCTS
Chain Saws (1)(2) 2 Years 90 Days (3) 90 Days
Power Cutters (1) See Note 4 1 Year (5) 90 Days

(1) Handheld ignition modules, tiller tines, fabricated decks, and trimmer shafts all have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty," and are warranted for the life of the product or 7 (seven) years after the product's final production run, whichever comes first. Pole Saws and Pole Hedge Trimmers are excluded from the "Limited Lifetime Warranty."
Parts and labor are included in the initial warranty period; labor is excluded after the initial warranty period expires. Deck shell replacement will be limited to a maximum of two (2) deck shells within the Limited Lifetime Warranty. Warranty on PZ/P-ZT Frame, PZ only Spindle Housing, & PZ only Leading Edge of Deck is for the life of the product or 7 (seven) years after the last date of the complete unit's final production, whichever comes first.
That's cool, wonder if is to build customer confidence and to draw people over from stihl where there have been problems with the coils. Now I'm up to being wrong like 3 times this week :lol:.
One of the great things is I've not heard of any problems with them myself(although I may find myself eating more crow saying this :)). I have only ever bout 3 new saws and all were of the original owners or their kids ;).

I've never purchased a new saw for myself and doubt that I will. However, this 365 deal is seriously nudging at my CAD.

No cons to the 365 XT or 372. I bought a 365xt 2 or 3 years ago. Put a hight top filter and filter mount, ground the transfer covers and it's a fine saw. No issues running it commercially in my tree service @ the frowned upon 50:1 lol.

He can't buy until next year, but I got two quotes for him from site sponsors. One was $1139 with 20" bar, ouch! The other quote was good and I've seen a lot of positive about that sponsor, so if he goes 365 that will likely be his dealer. He wants Husky and I'm convinced that's the way he should go unless he buys used. Are the ignition coils lifetime guaranteed if you buy new from a dealer? Seems like I seen bits and pieces about that in the past.
A site sponsor is selling new 2166s for $550 shipped USA, pho

No cons to the 365 XT or 372. I bought a 365xt 2 or 3 years ago. Put a hight top filter and filter mount, ground the transfer covers and it's a fine saw. No issues running it commercially in my tree service @ the frowned upon 50:1 lol.

Surely there are some minor cons - they are heavier than the original 372 and 365, and as I understand it they don't spool up as fast, and not as high.

The Cons....the no/off conections, also the switch now separates. You need to put your own switch in and conecters. The choke wears quickly so use a 'C' clip or melt or drill a hole to prevent this from comming off. Chokes break at the body so maybe just drill a hole inside the break an add an extention on it.
The trigger locks break more often??
maybe coat them with JB weld first?

The pro's. ..
Comming right up

Back