quesions about taylor owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use one of those battery powered LED lights you strap on your head but I want to add a motion sensing yard light on the front corner of the stove some day. My T-450 is sitting on 2X6 skids for now but when I build the retaining wall behind it I'm going to pour a slab for it to sit on.
stephen44 said:
I just poured two skids - where the feet will land .. - it also needs a slight slope to the front. (2" back to front)
I had mine sloped like that at first but I had a problem with creosote/water running into the draft blower housing and freezing up. I tried drilling a drain hole in the housing but it still happened. There were a few times I went out in the morning to add wood only to find the boiler temp way down and the fan frozen in ice. I had to heat the housing with a torch and once the water melted, the fan spun up. I finally sloped the boiler a couple inches down to the back side and never had a problem again.

I just picked up a used one for $1500.00 I hope to figure out the install soon. Snow is not too far off in Wisconsin. It might have to wait for next year if I don't get going.

gg

odwb

i would like to thank everyone who posted answers to the odwb question. We went with the central boiler 5436. I have nothing but good things to say about it. Iys early feb. and the house has been nice and toasty. After reading how much wood they consume i went and cut probably 12 cords of wood. And to my surprise we have only went thru three so far. Twelve to 16 hour burn times and very little smoke. I highly recomend this furnace to any one not afraid to do a little work.
I set ours on a prefab pad and laid out a 10x20 gravel pad and laid pallets down and stacked 4 cords (full) under it. I have a very big pile 30 around and five foot high very close to load more ,maybe in a couple weeks. I had a cheap carport given to meLasted a month then a big wind storm took it. Planning on a metal one in the spring.
Good lock out there and stay warm.:greenchainsaw::cheers:

Latest posts

Back