remington saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeto139

Reaction score
I have a old remington gas powerlite that I am looking for a crank rebuild kit . The saw was running with a little work after i bought it for $20.But it is a little sloppy.Have never pulled a saw totally down and need to know how to pull "cluth?"off of crank. 3 jaw puller?

You can get new crank berings and seals from a bearing supply shop. I'm guessing they are needle bearings they have a little more ply in them than ball berings. Grab the crank and wiggle it if it moves side to side excessivly they are shot. I don't know if there is a new rod needle bearing still availble. See if you can find any remington parts dealers on the internet. You may need to use gasket paper for new ones if you cant find any precut new. The clutch is most likely threaded on. It will be left hand thread you need to hold the crank still and spin the clutch hub off.

I see in an old manual that Remingtons had inboard and outboard clutch drums. the outboard used a right hand thread while the inboard used a left hand thread.

To stop the crankshaft from turning, I stuff a some 8mm rope down through the spark plug hole to fill up the cylinder.

Back